Powermaster accumulator

Powermaster Accumulator Ball Remake

Hello, I found this site while searching for information on the Powermaster accumulator. I don't own a Buick, but I do own a rather unique motorhome called a Vixen (http://www.vixenrv.org) that is a combination of BMW, Renault and GM parts, including the Powermaster. So I was interested by the posts from last August concerning some company looking into remaking the accumulator balls. Has anything developed with this? Pardon my ignorance, but who is Kirban? The company considering making the parts might be interested to know that there might be an additional 400 or so potential customers in our owner base.

------------------------------------------------------------

OK, after writing the above I did some more Googling and found the Kirban site and the description of the reproduction accumulators. I've forwarded this on the technical committee chairman of our owners association to see if it might work in our vehicles. If anyone has installed this reproduction, I'd appreciate any information you have on it. Thanks.

Drew

Autozone can get these PowerMaster brake assemblies. Last one I bought was 3 or 4 years ago. Have had 3 more since then on warranty. I paid about $150 and the core. $143.99 + tax. Autozone #529702. There is another # for a Durant version. It's the one that I got. Do them in 5 minutes once you do two or three times. Drew

powermaster unit

Autozone# 529702 Is For The Entire Powermaster Brake Unit And It Goes For $351.00 + $57.00 Core Charge And Is Guaranteed For Life. Is There Another# For The Accumulator Bowl? What About Part # For The Durant Version. Thanks Ron.

Drew

Sorry about that Durant part #. Can't find it. I did find the receipt from Autozone for the whole system. Part #52-9702 $143.99 + $61 for the core. That was in March of 2004. The accumulator # from GM is #18038507. March 2000 price was $101.84 list $81.47 picked up by me. Problem with these powermaster brake systems is when something goes bad it contaminates the whole system and pumps, releif valves, etc. start going out at different times. If you are going to keep the powermaster system go ahead and pay for it and use the warranty. I have traded in 3 over the years under warranty. The other fix is to get the parts to put the vacuum system back on. I don't have those part #'s, but I have seen others on this site that do. People using the vacuum claim better modulation and firmer pedal. I beleive that from past experience with GM brake systems. The powermaster takes some getting used to. You are looking at probably $400 parts either way you go unless you get junkyard parts. Just me, but I never wanted to trust brakes to junkyard parts. Hope this helps. Drew

can someone explain exactly to me what the accumilator bowl does???

is it hard to change them out?

Is there any instructions on changing the accumilator bowl out??