You can type here any text you want

PowerMaster Again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

viper04

Well I think my powermaster motor is dead. For the last little bit I had the fuse die on me. Just replaced it and all was good. Now the fuse is ok, and I can't hear the powrmaster motor turn on, brake padle hard. I did pump the brakes 10+ time, the resovoir is full, brake light on in the dash. I have read the "Powermaster Diagnostics" and was wondering if I have a bad "pressure switch" or Accumulator ball can that make the motor not turn on? Also what's the going price for the PowerMaster? Last I check Auto Zone, it was around $550.:eek: It maybe time to go Vac or Powerbooster. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Is there any link on some member doing a vacuum convertion, pic, walk though, ect. Thanks.

Is there any link on some member doing a vacuum convertion, pic, walk though, ect. Thanks.

It's a pretty simple swap. All you need is the brake pedal and the vacuum booster off a doner G-Body car. I also get the brake lines between the master cylinder and proportioning valve from the doner car because they have the correct bends in them but you could use your original lines. It's pretty much a bolt in. You just have to run a vacuum line from the motor to the booster. Some people use the vacuum block on top of the throttle body for the vacuum source, some drill and tap a fitting into the dog house.

Viper,

I sent you a PM.
Don't go vacuum if you swap out, go hydroboost.

You may only have a bad accumulator.
Have you timed it yet per the diagnostics?

Vacumn !!!!!!!!!

so much simpler, so much easier, less mess, less hassle,
TTA had vac, I have vac on race car, and can hold 10+lbs on the line.
some say vac doesn't work on turbo car, I've had NO problems.
hydro boost was made for diesels, and low vacumn trucks, yes its great on Turbo buicks, but why the hassle? Just look how many cars on the street have vacumn brakes ( maybe 90-95 %!)
just my 2 cents.

I have one more question, is there away to put power to the motor to see if it's alive, ( jumper wire). Thanks for any input.

Why all the fear of vacuum boosted brakes, has worked great for me for a number of years.

Hydroboost seems very complicated. Parts for vacuum assisted braking systems are everywhere.

Good question, hope someone tells their experience, ive always wondered myself, I have no exper with Vacume Brakes.... TTT.....

Back