You can type here any text you want

POWERMASTER diagnosis help. Long read

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOKA72

Hey guys did a few checks this evening. I did not get to remove the wheels and look at wheel cylinders themselves but I do not see any leaks at any wheel or under the vehicle. The first problem I had a few weeks ago was i was coming to a stop and the pedal sunk from under my foot brake lt came on once, released and light went out same thing at next light but i was driving slower. Felt like typical MC going bad. As for today
1. Depressurized and took about 12 pumps to do so
2. Key on Pump cycled 15 sec then off Switch clicked correctly
3. Both port test. A and B the fluid stayed at about 1/8 higher than the actual level. Never rose from that and I think I held it there pretty long
4. Step on pedal twice , pump turns on 5 sec then off No brake lt. pedal slowly drops under steady pressure
5. Test again 2 pumps Pump cycles 5 sec then off No brake lt. Apply pressure for 2 min Pump never cycles but slowly sinking pedal
I really feel this is only a MC issue. I am going to try and get it off soon so I can send it to RCG for rebuild Does it sound like that to you guys just double checking myself. And sorry for so long. Thanks VINNY

Check the pressure switch for signs of brake fluid at the connector after disconnecting it. Also,look for discolored/dark terminal/terminals which is caused by the brake fluid and creates an intermittent connection. Sometimes you might here a hissing sound from a leak in the switch when you disconnect the electrical connector. The brake light only comes on when the pressure in the accumulator drops below a certain amount. This can only happen if the motor doesn't come on when it should.

Ttype6. Just took it apart tonight and all is good. There is no fluid in the connector. I'm going to go through the brakes and have RCG check out my unit. Thanks. VINNY

Back