You can type here any text you want

Precision 6262

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captndave737

I have a GN with Poston headers a 2 1/2 " cat back exhaust, 3 dynomax mufflers, Stock converter, stock turbo an EA Stage 2 transmission and 36# injectors, MAF ll translator and an extender chip.

Lonnie is building a new high stall lock up converter and I'm thinking of going to a 6262 DBB turbo, 60# injectors and a recallibrated chip.

The car is street driven and often pulling a small sailboat. ( I know I know)!

Thoughts?

Why so much turbo? Your gonna need bigger injectors and Alky to make any use of that turbo
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

For stock heads and cam a PT5858 would be a good choice. The 6262 would be better suited to a motor with ported heads and mild cam.

I love my TE62, but you'll need atleast a 3/3,200 stall which is what lonnie is probably going to put you into if you go with the 6262bb.

Like the others have said you would get full benefit out of ported heads and intake. You would have enough injector with 60#ers, but you would also need a 340 pump hot wired and adj. fuel regulator.

You could run the 62bb and have room to grow if you plan on more mods in the future and don't want to have to buy another turbo after you do more upgrades.

Alky isn't needed but is nice when I really want to get into it above 20#s, my car is like jekyl and hyde. It is a great daily driver back and forth to work and when I romp on it I get a three mile smile.

Lonnie has driven my car just ask him how well my combination runs.

It really depends on what your ultimate goal is with the car on what turbo you should buy.

I do know that you will be getting an awesome converter.

What stall are you getting and are you getting the billet one or the less expensive one.

I have a hot wire 340 pump and an adjustable regulator. I'd like a turbo I won't need to replace in the future spools quickly and is drivable on the street. My goal is to continue to blow away a Mustang or some Hemi sitting at the light with the boat in tow. It used to be no one came close but the newer cars are quicker and having had the car for 27 years I figured it's time to kick it up a notch or two.

Lonnie has driven in my car and I'm not sure what he's building for a converter I'm going with his judgement.

Interesting. The 6262 shows a stall recommendation of 2800 in this forum under the new precision turbo post. Doesn't show a 5858! I'm getting dizzy trying to put it all together!

I have a 6266 with ptc 10" converter spool up is fast and hits hard

I run the 6262 journal bearing, good turbo, had to port the crap out of the exhaust housing to keep the boost in check. Putting this on the car destroyed the tranny just so you know, jumped the h/p way up from the old school 62.

Chuck

Kinda off topic but please post up a picture of the boat in tow, that will be my new background.

I run the 6262 journal bearing, good turbo, had to port the crap out of the exhaust housing to keep the boost in check.

What boost level are you running??

jumped the h/p way up from the old school 62.

I'm just curious as the TE62 is capable of running in the 10's with the right mods and your sig says you're in the elevens.

Did you run a TE62 and just put the 6262jb on or did you do other mods also???

The 5858 has just enough to support high tens, but to do this on a stock motor requires that the rest of the combo had better be spot on. Can't have a sloppy torque converter that won't couple the power at the big end of the track.

Had a 6262 jb on a 232 ci motor and spooled instant with 3000rpm converter and 210/218 cam. Now with the 260ci motor and 218/224 cam it spools about as fast as a ta49 did on my 232ci motor. Same converter.

On a side note, go with 6266. don't even fool with the 62 turbine. I think the 6262 was more intended for 4cyl motors and the 65/66 is better suited for v6's and small ci v8's.

That is the way precision tech explained it to me anyways. Said the 62cea turbine will choke a 260ci motor.

On another side note I have the tendancy to make myself look like an ass lol.

We know the cea6262 is a slight mis-match of wheels but its not too bad and doesnt surge very easily so its still a really good compromise and spools a lot easier than a 65mm turbine. With that said a 62cea compressor should choke a 260ci engine too since that big of an engine should be at 80lbs/min or more. The 62mm turbine will choke flow it if the mass flow starts to climb into the 70lb/min range but not much till then. Thats enough to run 10.30-10.40 in a full weight car! 84BuickGNYorkPA's car is brutal. Its spools extremely fast and is capable of being driven thousands of miles if need be. I know the potential of this car and am not trying to be a chooch. Mid 10's easily with traction on a full pass. Its a tight combo, its very reliable and, will embarrASS the crap out of a lot of the posters on here that have more turbo and a lot more fancy crap on and in their engines.

What boost level are you running??

I'm just curious as the TE62 is capable of running in the 10's with the right mods and your sig says you're in the elevens.
I know I'm in the 11's that's from lousy 60' times, more important look at the mph for h/p.

Did you run a TE62 and just put the 6262jb on or did you do other mods also???
I was running 11.6's with the old school 62, jumped right down to the 11 teens with the 6262, I went to the track two times since putting the 6262 on. I'm getting older and not into wrenching as much now that I wear progressive glasses, anyway I think you'll like the 6262 here is a video of Bison with my car at the Nat's in Richard Clark's complex. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mA5k4XS_ow

Chuck

Yeah I saw that vid, nice numbers, but the TE62 is capable of posting the same results.

Mid to high tens are possible with the TE62 also so there is no need for me to get another turbo.

I'm glad you like your turbo and I could justify getting one if it would give more power at a lower boost level.

I would like to be able to go 10.50s on 20/22#s of boost and stay at or under 6000 rpm with room to grow/go faster in the future without having to buy yet another turbo.

I'm thinking 6466BB in the future for what it could accomplish for my needs, but I'll figure that out when I'm ready to do it.

Our combo's are pretty close, I'm just saying that I gained .5 and a good 10 mph on the top end with only switching the turbo. You may have more power out of yours then what I was seeing out of my 62.

Chuck

Our combo's are pretty close, I'm just saying that I gained .5 and a good 10 mph on the top end with only switching the turbo. You may have more power out of yours then what I was seeing out of my 62.

That's why I was asking what boost you ran with the TE62, and not sure if you run alky. it's not in your sig.

If the te62 and the 6262 are close why did you switch?? I'm only trying to figure out which turbo I will need for my goals in the future.

I know you said better top end,is it good down low? At how many #s does it take off??

Thanks for sharing your results chuck, i'm sure it helps others as well when they read this thread.

RZ.

Apologizes to captndave737 sorry, not trying to hijack your thread, my 1st post was actually directed at you. Rob same boost 25-26 lbs always with Razor's Alky system (alkycontrol.com), the new billet wheel spins the mickeys on the highway, just drop it out of OD (4th gear) and smash it at 55 mph, you don't see two black streaks in the rear view, put you can hear them spin, my younger brother always shakes his head in disbelief. I don't do it that often, need my driving privileges and my luck I'm bound to do it beside a unmarked. Any speed you want to break the tires loose just give it more gas, as you can see in the video, not much turbo lag if any, you young guys may be able to detect some, I can't.

Chuck

Back