Precision or thunder??

fett87

im flip flopping between precision stock location or thunder fabrications stock location, my goals are high 11's/ low 12's,
heres my combo
atr313b cam with lifters
te-44
restalled d-5 to 2800rpm
atr 3" dp
blue stripes
and all the other little things

which would work better for my application??? thanks

I'd go with price, fitment, looks, and vendor service since either will easily meet your goals.

Just my .02. :)

I agree. At that performance you won't be pushing either one but I don't know about looks or fit of either one which is what I would look at.

ks :cool:

Skip the i/c...... buy a dutt neck stock location.... non-stretch.... and alky..... you will go faster......for the same or less money..... :eek:

I agree, a stocker with a Dutt neck is easily capable of high 11's. I went 11.98@113mph a few years ago with a 70K mile GN with stock turbo, stock injectors, stock intercooler(stock neck) with a stock converter. A good alky kit would be a great choice, you should be able to get in the 11's on 93 octane with the 44 and your other mods.

stretch intercooler

If i was looking to buy a stretch intercooler for (my car) to run low 12's or hi 11's i would buy the thunder fab intercooler for $670.00 shipped from g-body parts.

I think our stock location intercooler is pretty awesome and I'm not just saying that just because I work at PTE :rolleyes:

That thing has been high 9's and the craftmanship involved is crazy. It looks really good under the hood. A dutt neck stock intercooler is just a bandaid for a good intercooler. There's only so much crap you can pack in a 5 lb bag as they say. We are probably going to be running a special on these down at the Indy horsepower nationals race.

I couldn't find a listing for the afore-mentioned stock-location IC on the PTE website... Is it Top Secret?

87buickracer said:
If i was looking to buy a stretch intercooler for (my car) to run low 12's or hi 11's i would buy the thunder fab intercooler for $670.00 shipped from g-body parts.

Gbody[arts has their own intercooler and it's a very nice piece... I must say!

Attachments

• 000_0974 (Large) (Small).JPG
    000_0974 (Large) (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 000_0975 (Large) (Small).JPG
    000_0975 (Large) (Small).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 95
I just got my stock mount from G-body and it is nice. :) Decided to go with it after I saw Neros at the Magna meet. What up Kenny ?

Blazer406 said:
Skip the i/c...... buy a dutt neck stock location.... non-stretch.... and alky..... you will go faster......for the same or less money..... :eek:
I agree too. I went 11.80's with a 100% stock i/c.

Hey dude!!! Nothing much, how's the car?!!?

The IC looks sweet, doesn't it?!! Performs damn nice, too... 23 row bar and plate! I see all the REMARKABLE times people have made with stock parts... me? I had two things going; didn't want to stretch my components to their max if I ever race and secondly, simply wanted to replace the 18+ year old parts with more efficient, modern ones! :D

GBP Intercoolers are AWESOME!!! May have to do brian's downpipe one day! :cool:

Yeah I cant wait to put it in. I just did the injectors today. 60# Mototrons and a new TT chip. Now I've got the IC to install and the new GT 3255 turbo to put on too ! :D Also got a set of the Edelbrock shocks sitting in the garage. Just need some time. Need to get it all done and see how it does. May need to head to Anderson for a tune afterwards ? Hows the motor ?

You'll love those edelbrocks!!! I have them up front and keep telling myself to get rid of those rear KYBs!!! Motor is FANTASTIC!!! Just in need of an emissions chip from Eric for my pending emissions test this coming month... will tune the whole thing once I pass emissions and handle this turbo situation (which I'll most likely have to come to grips with before emissions).

Keep enjoying the car!!!! Don't forget to do some security/kill switches with it, people love to steal our babies!! :)

Already got the kill switch ! Which injectors are you running ? I ordered the E chip for my 60's -you could borrow ?

Thanks for the offer, bro...but I got 009s! All good... it's only 20 bucks.

Sorry for the thread hijack!!! :eek: