You can type here any text you want

Precision Turbo Video

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks for sharing that video John!:cool: Consequently, I did not hear him udder the word "Garrett" at all in that video discussing the new HP technology so I'm assuming this technology was strictly R&D'd thru Precision.

Thanks for sharing that video John!:cool: Consequently, I did not hear him udder the word "Garrett" at all in that video discussing the new HP technology so I'm assuming this technology was strictly R&D'd thru Precision.

Good catch Steve, I am not sure if they are allowed to say Garrett anymore...
Just kidding but from what I heard they have a full time engineer working on wheel design. The name escapes me but it was not Harry for sure.
I am looking forward to trying some of their new stuff.

Yep it sounds like the new Billet wheel stuff is working out great and it's especially cool for the street guys cause now you can get the best of both worlds with improved spoolability as well as better peak HP potential.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't PTE start off with the Buick guys?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but didn't PTE start off with the Buick guys?

Shane,

Harry had a T Type and a Turbo SVO Mustang back in the day.
Does anyone remember their rear control arms, what about the two step
for the stock ignition? I actually miss talking to Harry...LOL
That sounds so emo, but the last time we spoke was before Orlando 06 think.

Didn't Harry start by building turbos in his basement?? He sure has come a long way! I would like to think the Buicks had a lot to do with his success considering the 5.0 Mustang guys jumped on the Turbo bandwagon after getting it handed to them by Grandma's V6!:biggrin: :cool:

Yep.. Harry did start out building turbos in his basement and Buicks were about 95%+ of his business. Mike Licht and I were the first two dealers he ever had. His wife answered the phone and he built the turbos.

I even went out and collected on a bad check for them when they were first starting out as someone wrote them a bad check for a COD and was local to me. Went to the courthouse and filed papers, visited the guy who wrote the bad check.. the whole 9 yards.

Course, then years later after Precision went big time, I was tossed aside as a dealer because I didnt do enough volume. So for years of promoting their business, spreading the word, selling their product and helping build them up, in return I got shown the door for not selling enough product.

There's more to the saga involving copying of chips, etc but Im going to refrain from putting that out there right now.

Yep.. Harry did start out building turbos in his basement and Buicks were about 95%+ of his business. Mike Licht and I were the first two dealers he ever had. His wife answered the phone and he built the turbos.

I even went out and collected on a bad check for them when they were first starting out as someone wrote them a bad check for a COD and was local to me. Went to the courthouse and filed papers, visited the guy who wrote the bad check.. the whole 9 yards.

Course, then years later after Precision went big time, I was tossed aside as a dealer because I didnt do enough volume. So for years of promoting their business, spreading the word, selling their product and helping build them up, in return I got shown the door for not selling enough product.

There's more to the saga involving copying of chips, etc but Im going to refrain from putting that out there right now.

Wow Jay, that is pretty messed up to say the least. It's sad when people are successful in life and forget who helped them along the way.

WOW, Jay that is really unfortunate.
I hope that they hear about this and try to make amends.

WOW, Jay that is really unfortunate.
I hope that they hear about this and try to make amends.

Not gonna happen. Precision doesnt need us common Buick guys anymore. Joe told me that if it wasnt for the few Buick vendors they have left, they wouldnt even do Buick stuff any more. Nothing like getting thrown under the bus.

Wow, after reading that, I don't think I would want a Precision turbo on my car, new or used.

Doug D

Good catch Steve, I am not sure if they are allowed to say Garrett anymore...
Just kidding but from what I heard they have a full time engineer working on wheel design. The name escapes me but it was not Harry for sure.
I am looking forward to trying some of their new stuff.

Yes they do. I met him at PRI this year. Cant rememember his name but a very nice guy. Joe, the guy on the video is a super cool guy. Does his best to take care of you. That big turbo in the center there is a billet wheel 114!:eek:

Interesting video.

BTDT, through good times and bad. See sig below.
When it comes to Buick stuff with PTE, it was and still is a necessary evil to offer products for Buicks. As you can see, Turbonetics has no clue about turbos for Buicks if you take a look at their current catalog, but Thanks to Jack Cotton, we also have their products to choose from. I still run a PTE turbo on my car and have seen the differences over the years. PTE's technology and continued success is mainly due to the guys still in the trenches. Jim, Dan, Tony and all the guys in the shop, as well as Joe, Pete and the rest of the guys up front. With their newest Boosted Technology, they are on the cutting edge for sure.

I personally have no hard feelings towards PTE and am Thankful for the opportunity Harry gave me. Even though I had some tough times there, it all worked out in the end. The things I learned from both Harry and from Joe Lubrandt are priceless to me and I will never forget those leasons learned. I wish them continued success.

Honestly, if it wasn't for PTE, I would not be where I am today, nor would I have met my fiance Tracey.

Did I say that out loud? :eek:

Patrick

Interesting video.

Honestly, if it wasn't for PTE, I would not be where I am today, nor would I have met my fiance Tracey.

Did I say that out loud? :eek:

Patrick

Patrick,

That is the first I have heard.
Congratulations to both of you.

God Bless,

The Wildes

Back