You can type here any text you want

Problem with my 4T60 tranny

• Thread starter Thread starter CoolBlue
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

CoolBlue

I have a problem with my 4T60 transmission in my Buick Park Avenue 98 with 3800 v6 engine. My tranny disengages itself from drive when I come to a full stop. This only happens when my car is cold and the problem goes away when my car is warm and driven for at least 10 kms or 6 miles. This irritates me and I have to manually shift to Neutal and then back to Drive to get it engaged again. I checked SES or DTC codes from my PCM and it shows up with a code 39 (TCC Torque Clutch Circuit). I'm not a expert on cars, but I took the car to serveral shops(plus GM dealer) and they can't figure out what is really wrong with my tranny. They all told me to replace the tranny. I think they are trying to rip me off. My tranny is in good condition and has recent flush with fluid level little over the max mark when hot. One mechanic said that my tranny is in good shape and doesn't need replacement. But still the same mechanic has yet to figure out why it happens when my car is cold. Can anybody please give an input or advice on this? :confused:

you have the same prob i do

u most likely need a tcc sol and a valve body replace. i have a 99 regal GS and the tcc has been sticking and it acts like the car is missing and i had a code for tcc stuck on and i ran the trubble tree and it said a replacement of the tcc is need but while you are there and it is cheap enough do it all while your there the only real expence is the pressure sol it is 250+ but the rest are 30.00 and 40.00 and the valve body is like 125.00. lucky for my i work for a dealer and can do it my self.

Similar problem with OLDS

Too bad a 200 4R will not fit! Tell me TurboToy is this fix you describe a possible cure for the torque convertor going in and out of lockup rapidly after the trannie heats up? Feels like an engine miss. Had it scanned but of course it did not act ugly but once when the scanning tool was connected--it is an erratic problem.

The guy who diagnosed my problem recommended a shift kit to cure the problem. Mine is a '97 Olds with the same trannie.

Can you provide the GM part numbers?

u got it

the miss is actically the TCC sol staying enguaged at low speed and as part #'s go i have a 4T65E mines actically newer but pretty much the same tranny if your prob is the same as mine a TCC sol and a valve body will prob take care of your prob. my car has a performace shift which puts full line pressure when on and when mine acts up i just turn it on for a little while then it is fine again. a shift kit just may fix your prob but make sure you do put a new valve body in with the kit the valves may have some wear and can leak pressure.

Back