Proudly say what you do for a living!

Retired from IBM/Systems Engineer now I am the Director of Information Technology for the San Diego Natural History Museum..............:biggrin:

I am working at a Solar startup working on the sputtering and evaporation systems that deposit the layers to make the solar cells. 2 years now. Before that I worked in a semiconductor wafer fab for 24 years. Started 2 weeks out of high school. I always seem to work on the vacuum systems.

Then the side job of keeping my projects going and playing with my 66 Bronco rockbuggy as much as possible. The next project is turbo V6/2004r into my 65 Olds Vista Cruiser wagon.

I am a Fire Fighter in Ohio and Love what I do also a part time EMT for a local Ambulance Company

Attachments

• dsc1.jpg
    dsc1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 497
Well i sit on my azz all day and search the web....................... with back problems you cant do much...... and must have good friend that will work my gn for me, and i have the BEST WIFE that puts up with me.....

Network Admin for some pretty major automotive suppliers. I love working on the systems that are never allowed to have downtime. No downtime makes things fun and allows me to be pretty creative. The last place I worked would lose $115K for every minute my systems were offline. I left after five years and not a single outage:) My current employer is a global tire and rubber company that I have to bring up to current technologies. Any AD or VMware admins in here?

Not an actual admin but I do run the ESX server and Vsphere is usually open on my admin machine at any given time. I have built countless Workstation images for localization testing and deployed more through RIS and WDS. I seem to be the guy that works in software development but ends up working with IT doing all the hardware updates, software fixes, and storage of equipment for the department I work in. Any admin usually says they appreciate it as it makes their workload a little less and I get hooked up with anything I want because of it. :D

I've worked in the Operating Room in one capacity or another for the last 25+ years. First in the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman, then an OR Technition. When the surgeon holds out his hand, the ORT is the guy (or gal:biggrin:) that slaps the correct instrument in his hand. After the Navy I got my nursing degree and continued to work as an OR nurse. Decent pay but often an underappreciated and overstressful job when things go bad or you lose patients:redface:

I started noticing these guys that came into OR, stayed 10 minutes and drove away in a Vette, BMW or other high end car. When I asked the Doc who that guy was, he was like "That's my sales rep". So 10 years ago I went from a $35/hr sure thing paycheck as a nurse to start my own company distributing (selling really) Internal Spinal Fixation. The first year I nearly starved and made 1/4 as much as I did as an OR nurse:eek:. Big time debt, like $35,000. on high interest credit cards:frown: and a brand new baby at home:eek:. Then my income doubled the next year as I gained a few more clients and experience. Same thing happened my third and fourth years and well, I'm at the 10 year point so my family of 4 doesn't live paycheck to paycheck anymore:smile: Not rich by a longshot but if I need a new turbo or some other tasty go-fast part I can usually swing it:cool: In fact, I bought my 87GN on a spur-of-the-moment deal. A Neurosurgeon I knew was relocating out of state and he had to 'thin his herd' a bit. Right place right time;) I've wanted one since I saw them at the Anaheim Auto Show in 1986.

Here's a pic of the spine implants on the table for the surgery I'm in right now, I'm gonna miss my 8 year olds 6:30 baseball game because of it, but it will be a good comission today:D

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 480
Not an actual admin but I do run the ESX server and Vsphere is usually open on my admin machine at any given time. I have built countless Workstation images for localization testing and deployed more through RIS and WDS. I seem to be the guy that works in software development but ends up working with IT doing all the hardware updates, software fixes, and storage of equipment for the department I work in. Any admin usually says they appreciate it as it makes their workload a little less and I get hooked up with anything I want because of it. :D

yeah... well... but can you make pancakes???

:biggrin:

yeah... well... but can you make pancakes???

:biggrin:

Oh yeah, not just pancakes but "stove lids" pancakes so big you MIGHT be able to finish two of them. Dang, now I need to go back to Oregon and stop at Camp 18 for some food!

Slave work...caugh..I mean landscaping..

Educated as a civil engineer, hoping to get on at boeing.
i hate them dam blowers:mad::mad:

Alan and I own National Dent Inc. Paintless Auto Hail Damage Repair techs. We travel the nation to storm hit cities and repair hail damaged vehicles.

Every time i hear Dent removal it reminds of two BIG Italians in a 1985 Fleetwood
that use to come around the parking lot trying to do body work right in front of the store.

I am a small time GC/Plumber and love it.

=]

Recent Grad looking for work :( been playing and traveling all summer... now back to a real job.

I want to be an events/program coordinator for a Non profit org and start a non profit org myself. I love helping others and want to feel good about what I do everyday... knowing I made a difference in someones life.

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS IN THE STL AREA... PLS PM ME !

Previously I have done A LOT of different things.

Was a:
-- Graphic Designer and Technical Illustrator for Cessna Aircraft
-- Supervisor for PayPal/eBay (In good'ol Omaha)
-- Regional Graphic Designer for CompUSA (ads/signs & new store opening stuff)
-- Secretary for a Home Owners Association
-- Package Handler for UPS.. In the summer ! Unloading semi's -- best workout EVER ! The only thing I miss about that place.
-- Events Coordintor for a University
-- Retail Manager
-- Real Estate researcher / Property Mgr (found houses to buy, managed restoration, and did marketing to get it rented) Learned alot from that Omaha slumlord..LOL
-- Owned 3 rental properties - doing alot of the rehab work myself.... then the whole housing thing.

So I decided to move to St.Louis, close to family, and finally finish college.

Both my parents were Air Force, put in over 20 yrs each. I am thankful to them because I've been able to see the world and live all over the US.

I been fortunate always been in the automotive business since doing my 3 year stint in the Army which included one year in Vietnam (1966-67).

Never had to work for anyone...nor punch a time clock. First in the towing business and then buying and selling GTO cars and parts mid 1970s into current turbo regal parts/corvette/mustang/ etc.....its a fun ride with headaches and challenges as others in their own business can attest to.

Its neat to see products that you have developed that are in cars today. To take an idea and have it made and sold.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Recent Grad looking for work :( been playing and traveling all summer... now back to a real job.

I want to be an events/program coordinator for a Non profit org and start a non profit org myself. I love helping others and want to feel good about what I do everyday... knowing I made a difference in someones life.

IF YOU HAVE ANY CONNECTIONS IN THE STL AREA... PLS PM ME !

Previously I have done A LOT of different things.

Was a:
-- Graphic Designer and Technical Illustrator for Cessna Aircraft
-- Supervisor for PayPal/eBay (In good'ol Omaha)
-- Regional Graphic Designer for CompUSA (ads/signs & new store opening stuff)
-- Secretary for a Home Owners Association
-- Package Handler for UPS.. In the summer ! Unloading semi's -- best workout EVER ! The only thing I miss about that place.
-- Events Coordintor for a University
-- Retail Manager
-- Real Estate researcher / Property Mgr (found houses to buy, managed restoration, and did marketing to get it rented) Learned alot from that Omaha slumlord..LOL
-- Owned 3 rental properties - doing alot of the rehab work myself.... then the whole housing thing.

So I decided to move to St.Louis, close to family, and finally finish college.

Both my parents were Air Force, put in over 20 yrs each. I am thankful to them because I've been able to see the world and live all over the US.

Good stuff! I have a friend who is now working out in LA who is big into marketing and coordinating events and such. I can talk to him and see if he has anyone in his network out in your area. He has that kind of personality that makes anyone that has talked to him want to know him so chances are he may have something.

I own a small towing company. Love being my own boss. Hate that the economy tanked and now the only person I get to boss around is myself.h and my dispatcher. well ok she bosses me around. But I have been doing this 24yrs so Im used to it..

My two best trucks

DSCF2620.jpg

DSCF2551.jpg

2004_0608_132155.jpg

I own a small towing company. Love being my own boss. Hate that the economy tanked and now the only person I get to boss around is myself.h and my dispatcher. well ok she bosses me around. But I have been doing this 24yrs so Im used to it..

My two best trucks

DSCF2620.jpg

DSCF2551.jpg

2004_0608_132155.jpg

We ran our towing business for about 20 years...started in 1971....first tow truck was had a Manley hand winch.....later ones had the sling set up Holmes...because we operated another business I had a killer towing price for car dealerships back then...I towed for $8 up to 10 miles....no cell phones back then....

At one point we had 3 trucks on the road which meant more headaches...mostly ford trucks ate up front brakes and rotors....constantly....towed almost exclusiveily for car dealerships....hit the home run with the local dodge delership as the K cars and Omnis were dropping dead frequently.

Curious what do you charge per mile today?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

sold out in early 1990s...