PT61 on a hotair?

FWD turbo

Anybody got a PT61 on their hotair? If so how do you like it, and what are your supporting mods?

I've got a Limit Engineering TA-61 on my car.I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as the PTE unit,but it's gotta be close...

Anyway...it pulls pretty good,it definitely needs a good convertor.I run a 3200 stall 9/11 with mine and spoolup is pretty good.Still not as good as the TA-60/2800 stall I had before,but it pulls harder once the boost comes up.

Supporting mods-

-Spearco intercooler
-42.5# injectors
-MAF Translator/LT1 MAF
-16 POS Maxeffort chip(24º)
-Ported heads/intake
-MM208 cam
-Lee Thompson headers/DP
-ATR 3" single exhaust

Time is in my sig,that was on BFG drag radials with a crappy 1.91 60'.

:cool:

Thanks WFO. I am looking to upgrade my turbo, and I'm in the process of figuring out exactly what to get. I have a front wheel drive car, so a little bit of lag may be a good thing. But I need it to really pull hard once it comes on to help make up for what I will always lose at the line. A 1.91 60' would be spectacular for my car. :D

You have to make sure your turbo is set up for a hot air, if not it will suck the seal out of it and you will have issues. I would highly recommend going with limited if you go this route. And good luck.

Originally posted by FWD turbo
Thanks WFO. I am looking to upgrade my turbo, and I'm in the process of figuring out exactly what to get. I have a front wheel drive car, so a little bit of lag may be a good thing. But I need it to really pull hard once it comes on to help make up for what I will always lose at the line. A 1.91 60' would be spectacular for my car. :D
What type of car and where in Michigan are you?

Originally posted by turbo6x2
What type of car and where in Michigan are you?

It's as Beretta with a 3.8 in it. I live north of Detroit. For several reasons, I have decided to have the stock housings modified rather than switch to something completely different. Limit was definitely my first choice, however, the only thing they will currently do to a hot air turbo is make it a TA33C. They flat out refused to make it any larger. Unfortunately, that turbo doesn't really support the kind of air flow I am looking for. So this week my stock turbo got shipped to precision for improvements, simply because they are willing to give me what I want.