You can type here any text you want

PT6466 for this build?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Then I guess my plan will be get the upgraded turbo, whether its the 6466 or not, and a NL PTC convertor as a pair, initially keeping the GT61 for now just due to some other unexpected expenses I've come up against short term. Thanks again for the input!

OK...Long awaited update on this. I finally got the new setup to the track this past week with the GT6131e and the 3k LU..ran a 7.03 at 99 right off the bat first pass at 22#. Inj running at 80% DC and the Methanol turned full blast. Kept adding some timing until I started to see a little knock that the ECM interpreted as not enough to take out timing...end up with a 6.89 at 99.6mph. Was shifting at 5800....every pass was 99.x excpet 1, I did hit 100.33mph but the launch was soft after spining a few times.
You could see on the data playback that it would hit 90mph and just quit pulling any more for the last 1/4 of the track....the little 31e exhaust wheel just can't get anymore power.

So, going with the PT6466...of all the comments previously, I didn't think to ask which housing you used, .63 or .85?? Thinking of ordering both. Also, will be going with a 3k or 3200 N/L convertor, and some 80# injectors and a double nozzle for the meth.

OK...Long awaited update on this. I finally got the new setup to the track this past week with the GT6131e and the 3k LU..ran a 7.03 at 99 right off the bat first pass at 22#. Inj running at 80% DC and the Methanol turned full blast. Kept adding some timing until I started to see a little knock that the ECM interpreted as not enough to take out timing...end up with a 6.89 at 99.6mph. Was shifting at 5800....every pass was 99.x excpet 1, I did hit 100.33mph but the launch was soft after spining a few times.
You could see on the data playback that it would hit 90mph and just quit pulling any more for the last 1/4 of the track....the little 31e exhaust wheel just can't get anymore power.

So, going with the PT6466...of all the comments previously, I didn't think to ask which housing you used, .63 or .85?? Thinking of ordering both. Also, will be going with a 3k or 3200 N/L convertor, and some 80# injectors and a double nozzle for the meth.
For whatever it's worth,I'm in the middle of a build at Richard Clarks. Going with the 64/66,was told to buy the .85. Also I have David Husek's 3021 TQ 2800-3000, told me to stay with that said the car would be lightning on the street.

around town the .63 will spool much faster if it is mostly a street car. Some say the PTE .63 is good for at least 10 flat. But getting both housings might be a good idea.

My builder thought the .63 would probably cause it to blow the tires off at the track if it spools as easy as he thinks with a NLU convertor. So I'm leaning towards getting both to see what happens.

I am running a stroker with race port GN1 and 218/212 with a 6765 DBB with a .63 spook up is great I think it is great for the street

My builder thought the .63 would probably cause it to blow the tires off at the track if it spools as easy as he thinks with a NLU convertor. So I'm leaning towards getting both to see what happens.
Now you know why I was told to get the .85

Rather than get both, I think I will just go with the .85, if I think its a pig once I switch convertors, I will get the .63.

Rather than get both, I think I will just go with the .85, if I think its a pig once I switch convertors, I will get the .63.
The .85 is a waste on a 10sec car all your doing is making the combo more lazy on the hit and the .63 ex housing is not a restriction as it has been 9 sec capable even on the heavier cars.i have seen a 4mph loss on the big end at the track when the ex housing is oversized for the combo and the car needed more launch boost for a similar 60ft.if your a street guy there is no comparison as the 63 comes up a lot faster than the .85 and if your running a 64 billet to its potential it's going to need a good tire and drivetrain anyway so it's not about being a tire fryer.

for mid 10's I wud by one of Bison's 67mm Turbo's. he's already gone high 9's with it and its a junk stock motor with stock rods and crank lol. it spools instantly and mine is a stock stroke iron headed combo. just put in one on last week and the first time out it was brutal! I do have a PTC NL 17 tho. I wud get rid of the 9x11 and go PTC or similar

Wrong high 9's on 62. Low 9 power on 67.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The .85 is a waste on a 10sec car all your doing is making the combo more lazy on the hit and the .63 ex housing is not a restriction as it has been 9 sec capable even on the heavier cars.i have seen a 4mph loss on the big end at the track when the ex housing is oversized for the combo and the car needed more launch boost for a similar 60ft.if your a street guy there is no comparison as the 63 comes up a lot faster than the .85 and if your running a 64 billet to its potential it's going to need a good tire and drivetrain anyway so it's not about being a tire fryer.
yeah, I talked to them today, and was recommended the .63 it it was not a 100% race car, the most popular for this turbo was the .63...I can always order a 85 later if I find differently for my combo.

Back