PTC converter ?

ikle

I am running a PTC 10" LU converter that stalls at 3,000 @ 0-1lbs of boost. It was built for my old combo (ta49, stock heads, stock cam, 42lbs injectors, stock 200r4 trany, stock rear end ) the only change with my current combo is I swapped out the ta49 for a Turbonetics te60bb turbo. My question is will this TC limit my rpm levels at the top of 3rd gear ? The reason for my question is I did a few 3rd pulls and my motor won't rev passed 5,200 rpm so I was wondering if this was normal for this converter or do I have a different problem. Thanks for your help, Kyle.

The problem is the stock cam and most likely the valve springs. The cam won't pull well over 5200 rpm, especially if the springs are weak.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

5200 from what I have seen is all you will get with stock cam and springs. I just went thru this as well.....

So what you guys are saying is that no matter how long I go WOT, in 3rd gear on the highway, my RPM's will never exceed 5200 with the stock cam ? I thought that it would, just wouldn't make any more power after 5200 rpm.Thanks for your replies, Kyle.

That's correct. The power falls off on the stock cam so the engine is down on power. Combine that with weak valve springs which are floating at that rpm and the engine will not make enough power to climb past that point. Good springs on a stock cam will go higher than 5200 but the power falls off quickly.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app