You can type here any text you want

PTE billet roller cam question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Please reply only if you have experience with this cam. Thanks.

What type of thrust button are you using? I saw this part number 269 on comp cams website.. looks like it will work.

I bought a used cam that had some Moroso setup that might require machining of the front cover. If you've used this comp piece.. how does it work? and have you had any troubles at all?

Last, what type of end play should I shoot for? I'm new to this hydraulic roller install.

Thanks,
John

Attachments

• 269_CamButton.gif
    269_CamButton.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 319
Im not using that cam, but I assume the thrust button is going to be the same as the other roller cams. The one you pictured is the one I used, I know comp cams calls for .005-.010 clearance. But Im not sure about PTE.

Thanks GNA.. I've seen some other button for the austemper roller.. I wasn't sure how it worked and what the differences were.

the button you show is for the austemper roller. the pte uses a bolt on nose kit. contact dls as dan was with pte when they were selling roller cams and uses the same nose kit on his billet roller kits.

play is 5-7 thous. i believe.

Dan Dan the engine man helped me out with the nose piece and new valve springs.

It definitely isn't like the austemper roller piece. It is custom. Just a plug for Dan.

Thanks!
John

Back