PTE front mount intercooler w/ custom cooling bars

6cylturbo

This PTE front mount intercooler was on the car when i got it from one of either Dave or Mike Bamford a few years ago. They had a CO2 take in the trunk with lines running up to the intercooler to a set of custom spray bars across the whole face of the intercooler. A very cool set up but not legal in TSO. The pipes are not the prettiest around but have worked well enough to reach 9's. We also had tabs welded on to the pipes and intercooler so if the pipes get blown off due to the clamps letting go or hoses slipping off you can use lockwire or a strong spring to keep from running over the pipes or bending the hell out of it (lessons learned the hard way).

I will try and get the camera out for some pics soon.

-intercooler w/ custom spray nozzles/bars
-pipes
-connecting silicone hoses & clamps
-CO2 tank and line

Asking $750.

brian

Brian,
Is the new intercooler in???? Are going to post some pictures of this thing you are selling? Can you seperate the two, I was thinking those cooling bars were welded to the intercooler.

I have seen this intercooler, it is a pretty bad a$$ set up. Spraying CO2 across the intercooler using a nitrous selonoid is a pretty darn good idea.

The hoses that Brian has for this fit a 90 mm throttle body and I think it's a 3" outlet on his turbo.

Don't be afraid to buy from Brian because he only has 6 posts on this board. I'll go on recard as saying he is one of the good guys. Just works a lot of hours so he can feed his car and doesn't get on the net much.

Sam

thanks sam. yes they can be seperated. there are tabs welded on to the intercooler and the bars and solenoid are bolted to the tabs. the tabs can be cut/ground and look like it was never there. yes i have pics but between dog being sick all over the house, overtime and now a funeral for my wifes grandma i don't know when i'll get them on here. i will try later today after i edit the pics so they don't take up too much room.

thanks,

brian

pics

intercooler pics

Attachments

• car 2.jpg
    car 2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 546
  • intercooler 3.jpg
    intercooler 3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 543
pics 2

here you can see the welded on tabs to prevent the damage that is on the last picture. they are just dents and scrapes nothing goes all the way thru. i almost forgot the pipe going into the turbo was extended 5-6 inches for my particular application but it can be cut very easily to fit your app.

Attachments

• intercoolerpipes 1.jpg
    intercoolerpipes 1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 492
  • intercoolerpipes 2.jpg
    intercoolerpipes 2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 476
  • intercoolerpipes 3-damage.jpg
    intercoolerpipes 3-damage.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 467
Interested in intercooler W/co2 setup

The only questions I have at the moment are did you ever launch a turbo while this intercooler was in use,does any of the damage to pipes and innercooler leak,what type of of electrical setup was used to activate co2 and is $600.00 an exceptable offer.

I remember when the Bamfords had this CO2 set up built, and I can tell you that it was not cheap to do and it works well. Who ever gets this is getting a good deal and will be happy
Mike

Would you consider a brand new BGC 24 row with a mease mount system and powdercoated adjustable shroud? I have $1100. into my intercooler-i would do a straight up trade if you re interested.

The only questions I have at the moment are did you ever launch a turbo while this intercooler was in use,does any of the damage to pipes and innercooler leak,what type of of electrical setup was used to activate co2 and is $600.00 an exceptable offer.

The intercooler pipes do not leak. I was the last one to drive Brians car before it started coming apart again for more modifications. I piloted it to a 9.68 at 141 MPH. Launched at 13 PSI and ramped the boost up to 19 lbs.

Mike you are correct, it is a pretty nice set up. I bet you were one of the master minds involved in this part.

to wicket6, sorry this is late but i've been out of town. to activate it there was a switch on the panel by the shifter. flip the switch and watch the mist pouring over the intercooler. somewhere qkrynyrs has a video but that was a few years ago when we used it last.

no leaks and sam answered that pretty well. thanks sam.

mike licht, thanks for posting some info. sam said earlier i don't post that much but i usually check in from time to time. work hasn't been very fun lately and the wife and i are trying to get the house up and ready to put on the market. not the best time for me to put things up for sale here but i'd rather sell the parts then move them. i will be clearing out the garage in the next month and posting lots more for sale as time permits.

rear end
fuel tank
a few stock rotors with life left
a few turbos and housings
drag shocks
barry grant fuel pump
a/c lines
trans pan

i have a lot of work to do.

thanks,

brian

Are you including the hoses with the intercooler? How does $700 sound with shipping included?