You can type here any text you want

Push Rod hole sleeves

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
I started to port my heads and went through the runner to the pushrod hole. I need to know what i can use to sleeve the holes(bronze tubing ect.) and what size dia and where i can get the tubing. Any help would be great. Thanks

Ive seen it done on small block chevy heads before. The hole is small i believe there was porosity in the casting where i went through.

I use thin wall brass tubing I buy at the hobby store by K&S Brass company. I forgot what size it is?? I just used my calipers to measure the hole dia and then went down and bought the closet size. I usually tap it into place and then grind it flush with the head on the ends of the holes and your done. I use epoxy glue also when inserting the tube just to help any intake leaks that might appear. The fit is so tight i do not think you would ever have one but you never know? I always put these in before i port the intake runner and then rough port the runner just till i can barely see the brass below the port wall and then polish it out with whatever grit I am using for that motor. I do not see why you can't install it now and maybe use some good A&B epoxy from a head porter or a head repair shop to build up the area you cut to low and blend it all back into shape after installing the tubes. The tubes really give you a great guide to max the port volume if that is what you are going after? My own ported heads flow pretty dam good i have to say using this trick. Hope this helps!
Jerry

I use thin wall brass tubing I buy at the hobby store by K&S Brass company. I forgot what size it is?? I just used my calipers to measure the hole dia and then went down and bought the closet size. I usually tap it into place and then grind it flush with the head on the ends of the holes and your done. I use epoxy glue also when inserting the tube just to help any intake leaks that might appear. The fit is so tight i do not think you would ever have one but you never know? I always put these in before i port the intake runner and then rough port the runner just till i can barely see the brass below the port wall and then polish it out with whatever grit I am using for that motor. I do not see why you can't install it now and maybe use some good A&B epoxy from a head porter or a head repair shop to build up the area you cut to low and blend it all back into shape after installing the tubes. The tubes really give you a great guide to max the port volume if that is what you are going after? My own ported heads flow pretty dam good i have to say using this trick. Hope this helps!
Jerry
thats the awnser i was looking for thanks

no luck at the local hobby store is there any way you could find out the dia of the tube that you use?

It would be smart to vacuum test the heads before install to be SURE the tubes are sealed properly. :)

Heads

Jason, i know a guy who has a nice factory set of heads sitting in the corner of his garage... The price is right!!!!!

Back