You can type here any text you want

Putting back stock intake

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iwantatta

Could someone explain to me how the stock intake goes back on? Need to get it smogged and it would not pass visual inspection with the inlet pipe and K&N filter.

I believe i have all the parts to put on the stock airbox but not sure how to screw things down.

I currenlty have the black inlet hose that goes from the turbo then to the MAF sensor. The MAF sensor pipe has two screws on it. Where do they screw to? The stock airbox also has 2 holes that i am not sure how they get screwed down.

Thanks.

Got a picture of the stock intake. Looks like i'm missing some pieces. Anybody have one for sale?

Looks like i'm missing the elbow piece after the MAF sensor and the duct that goes to the rectangle open end of the air box.

oh i forgot...... the piping from the turbo to the air cleaner is slightly different for the tta ...there is a plastic tube extension between the turbo and the flexible tube(same as gnttype)attached to the air cleaner.

Thanks. Looks like i'm missing that plastic tube from the turbo to the flex tube also. Makes sense according to the pic i have.

Does the stock intake draw air from the drivers side fender or from the front bumper through a snorkel piece?

The lid on the TTA aircleaner is different form the GN as the opening points into the fender and not the front of the car. And there is no snorkel like on the GN. Otherwise the setup is identical. Let me know if you need some pictures.

Thanks Jan.

Could you email me some pictures to make sure i have got everything and how it looks like installed. Mainly how the air cleaner looks installed. Sounds a little bit better for me about the snorkel piece as its one less piece to search around for. Now i think the only piece i'm missing is the plastic elbow on the turbo inlet.

Just e-mailed you picture of the complete setup from the GM parts and illustration book, beware that they do picture the GN snorkel for some reason and also the illustration of the airbox lid is the GN one NOT the TTA one.

Also complete pictures of everything out of the car as well as pictured of all the parts as installed in a untouched 100% stock TTA of a friend.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to say thanks Jan for the pics and let you know that my car passed the smog test.

Things changed:
spark plugs
pcv valve
coil pack
stock air cleaner
and adjusted tps and iac to .42 and 25 at idle.

15mph HC Max 114 Meas 58
CO Max .73 Meas .33
NO Max 785 Meas 24

25mph HC Max 88 Meas 54
CO Max .61 Meas .03
NO Max 724 Meas 7

Thanks everyone for the help and offers in getting my car to pass the smog here in California. It passed the first time through other than missing the visual inspection previously.

Glad to be of help! Congrats on passing the smog test, now you can enjoy your TTA for a full year again ;)

Anything else let me know I tend to keep a good library of GM original stuff as well as a lot of pictures like the ones I sent you as a reference for my self so if you think I can help just let me know.

Back