You can type here any text you want

QA1 Front Shocks TR505 - Has anyone installed these?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tonysmach

I need new front shocks. I would like to get single adjustable. Has anyone installed the QA1s TR505? Do you have to open up the bottom of the lower control arm to get them to fit. The website has this wording:

Notes: Some front applications may require the lower a-arm to be dropped for installation. Body diameter may be too large to allow mounting from the bottom. Some control arm's shock openings may need to be enlarged to accept a QA1 shock.

I would rather not drop the lower a - arm or enlarge the opening. thanks.

TTT - No one has installed QA1 single adjustable front shocks?

I ran the QA1 Stocker Star "R" Series (#RC1914P) on my old suspension set-up, they were single adjustable.

I was able to install them through the bottom hole in the lower control arms.

John

I ran the QA1 Stocker Star "R" Series (#RC1914P) on my old suspension set-up, they were single adjustable.

I was able to install them through the bottom hole in the lower control arms.

John

Yeah, I remember when you had them for sale. Just to be clear..there is no need to enlarge bottom hole in control arm? Were you able to access the adjustment nob easily after install? Thanks for the reply
Tony

Yeah, I remember when you had them for sale. Just to be clear..there is no need to enlarge bottom hole in control arm? Were you able to access the adjustment nob easily after install? Thanks for the reply
Tony

The QA1's have a slim body, mine fit through the LCA's without any modifications.

I upgraded to 3/8-24 Grade 8 bolts for the lower shock bolts, they were a little tricky to access through the coil springs. The adjusters are a little tight to access through the springs also.

Back