You can type here any text you want

Question about Intercooling

• Thread starter Thread starter dave84gn
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Imho...

Okay, in my past experience w/ turbo cars (80's turbo dodges), many of them were using the Powerstroke intercooler. Now, if the principals of turbocharging are the same between a straight 2.2 liter 4 cylinder, and a 3.8 liter V6, then you could deffinately use a powerstroke IC in a buick. I noticed on the above link that the guy is using 3" IC piping!! :eek:

Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's some huge intercooler piping if you're worried about losing spool up time on a turbo. Wouldn't velocity be a little more important w/ such a huge cooler (to push the air through to the intake)? We're not talking exhaust gasses here, so bigger isn't always better. Maybe 2.5" or 2" would be better? I know you're flowing a lot more air with 1.8 more liters of cylinder volume, but I'm a newbie and to me 3" intercooler piping seems BIG.

So the bottom line is; Can you compensate for the HUGE I/C by using a slightly smaller diameter piping?

Michael

Back