You can type here any text you want

Question about the oil idiot light sensor.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostmobile

boosted
Can anyone tell me what size socket I need to remove the stock oil pressure sensor?
I did a search and did not find anything. I really don't feel like buying a whole deep socket set today
Thanks, bill

It's actually a special socket, not a normal one. You can use a regular socket but I don't know the size, sorry.

It would be cool if I can get away with using a regular socket. As I am removing it for good and installing an autometer sending unit. I know it's bigger then 3/4 because that's the largest deep socket I have.

DO you have a pic of what is is my motor is in pieces currently so I could check for you or where did this sensor go? Is it the the 3 prong sensor that goes in the brass block on the passenger side front of the motor?

i'm thinking it's 7/8", but don't quote me on that.. look up the sending unit on the NAPA and Rockauto websites- they might say what size the hex is.
personally, i'd buy a brass "T" fitting and keep the idiot light hooked up along with the gauge.. you might not be looking right at the gauge when the pressure drops, but you will notice when the idiot light pops on.. that could be the difference between a simple repair and a complete engine rebuild..

DO you have a pic of what is is my motor is in pieces currently so I could check for you or where did this sensor go? Is it the the 3 prong sensor that goes in the brass block on the passenger side front of the motor?
yes it was the 3 prong sensor. I was able to get it out with a 1 1/16" deep socket.

thanks, bill

i'm thinking it's 7/8", but don't quote me on that.. look up the sending unit on the NAPA and Rockauto websites- they might say what size the hex is.
personally, i'd buy a brass "T" fitting and keep the idiot light hooked up along with the gauge.. you might not be looking right at the gauge when the pressure drops, but you will notice when the idiot light pops on.. that could be the difference between a simple repair and a complete engine rebuild..
that makes sense. I will look into buying a t fitting.

thanks, bill

Back