You can type here any text you want

Questions on changing my chip

• Thread starter Thread starter 85 TRRRR
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85 TRRRR

Im not sure if im in the right section...though I know most of you know this. This is a little embarrasing...because I am limited to knowledge to my TR, still. I have a kenne bell chip I got for free that I want to install. I was never told the proper procedures on how to get the chip to learn, if thats the proper saying. I know its just not plug and play. Some people say after installing the chip..let the car idle for about 10 minutes and rev the shìt out of it afterwards. Some say i have to drive hard, others say drive normal. So I'm confused :confused: So, if anyone of you can help, it will be greatly appreciated.:D
Chris

I usually use the rule "15 Minutes of Driving, or 15 miles"...by then the ECM should have learned the chip if it had to!

BTW.....Watch the Knock with the kenne bell chip...its VERY old school, and I put one in my car...it knocked alot!

Thanks. I was told they knock a whole lot too. So far...I havent heard any. unless they're really faint to me ears...or I'm turning deaf. Is it just normal driving or hard or a little bit of both?

Originally posted by 85 TRRRR
Thanks. I was told they knock a whole lot too. So far...I havent heard any. unless they're really faint to me ears...or I'm turning deaf. Is it just normal driving or hard or a little bit of both?

you won't hear it until it's so severe that it's destroying things.you should have a knock gauge and/or scantool before you start turning up the wick.

unless you like changing headgaskets:D

my friends hotairs never blew headgaskets.. they blew holes in pistons.

they are steel shim afterall.. not that composite crap..

Back