You can type here any text you want

Questions on Odd Fire Motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
If I was from NJ, I would be asking to drive it!

John: Twin 67's on Head's UP Performance's engine dyno in CA. Going in a sandrail.

John Wilde said:
I am just giving you crap because I want to see your drag radial car!!! ;)

So do I! STILL in the chassis shop! You can drive it Cal, I figure the weight diff has to be worth a tenth! :D

OK, I'll stop lurking and post one.

Bought an engine from Ron T. in December.

Indy X-block,On-Center, Odd Fire crank, BGN Heads, 3.625/4.005, dropping compression to ~9.2:1 C.R. from 14 or so.

Will have twin 60-1s, Dry sump.

Fuel Management will be Electromotive TEC3 - Has Odd-Fire capability.

The short block will be going to the machine shop this week.

The motor will go into a Datsun 280Z with a NASCAR 4-speed stick (starter problem is solved with a Tilton rear-mount) and triple disc Tilton Clutch, I will be retaining the IRS rear on the Datsun, beefed all the way (Driveshaft, CVs, Stubs) and running 2.93 gears in the 9.1" Nissan R230 diff, body modified to cover M/T 325/50-15 ET Street Radials in drag configration.

The car will see road race duty as well as drag, with occasional street use. After lots of research, the S2 is the perfect multi-purpose engine choice. The car may see 2500 miles a year, so roller maintenance is really a non-issue.

Probably will be 6 months before completion of the swap, still collecting parts. I'll post in the Hybrids section as progress happens.

With the right engine management, Odd-Fire will be no prob. Sorry, Ron- I think the cat's getting out of the bag.

The way I see it, double + hp over my current Turbo Datsun 6 and transmission durability will be my problem.

EightSecV6 said:
So do I! STILL in the chassis shop! You can drive it Cal, I figure the weight diff has to be worth a tenth! :D
Guess I'll be slowing it down by 2-tenths when I drive it... :biggrin:

HighPSI said:
Special Code in the XFI and an even fire crank trigger. No one would be able to tell it was an odd fire

So, since the XFI unit can work with the odd-fire set-up are there any negatives to going with one?? I guess the biggest positive is that the odd-fire cranks are stronger than the even-fire, correct??

K.

NCTURBOS said:
So, since the XFI unit can work with the odd-fire set-up are there any negatives to going with one?? I guess the biggest positive is that the odd-fire cranks are stronger than the even-fire, correct??

K.

The crank is much stronger, they idle rough (by design), a little more difficult to balance and "HISTORICALLY speaking",even fire Buick engines make more horsepower whether it is naturally aspirated or forced induction.

EightSecV6 said:
The crank is much stronger, they idle rough (by design), a little more difficult to balance and "HISTORICALLY speaking",even fire Buick engines make more horsepower whether it is naturally aspirated or forced induction.
Hey, I thought you were suppose to be ignoring people.... :D

Art.

Back