You can type here any text you want

Question about aluminum heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I forgot to get you that info.

NGK UR5 plugs gapped at 30 I believe?

Chip timing was 23/21

I was just on TA Performance website looking around since I'm going with their heads. Lot's of cool stuff over there.:):)
Just looked up those plugs and they are extended tip. The AR3933 which is a non projected tip will work nicely with the TA heads .
My compression is higher than yours is. I ran 20 degrees of timing across the board in BG to get the times in my signature with lousy 60 foot times. I have a little room to play with the timing down low to help but will probably leave it at 20 up top. It's a work in progress. .

Bryan

The NGK 5238 is the equivalent race plug to the AR 3933 which we have been using since the Autolite plugs made in Mexico have shown some quality issues.

This NGK plug is also a non-projected with a gap of 28 thou, and this is a long reach plug with a gasket which will fit the TA heads.

Just a comment, when you have the car together and running, I would not depend on pump gas while tuning and at least mix in some race fuel to be on the safe side.

The NGK 5238 is the equivalent race plug to the AR 3933 which we have been using since the Autolite plugs made in Mexico have shown some quality issues.

Thanks for the heads up on the Autolites Nick !!

Bryan

I was just on TA Performance website looking around since I'm going with their heads. Lot's of cool stuff over there.:):)

Make sure you get a DEAD SET, LOCKED DOWN price on ACTUAL shipping if you make a large order from them. ESP if the stuff is heavy.
One good ass raping with "That's what UPS charges us. There's nobody with any authority in the office ;Everybody here is new." and you might end up pretty irritated.

This NGK plug is also a non-projected with a gap of 28 thou, and this is a long reach plug with a gasket which will fit the TA heads.

Just a comment, when you have the car together and running, I would not depend on pump gas while tuning and at least mix in some race fuel to be on the safe side.

That's a good idea. I may just buy a 55 barrel of race fuel like I did in the old days. Can't buy it locally at the pump anymore. Mix a few gallons with a tank of 93 when I go tune.

Make sure you get a DEAD SET, LOCKED DOWN price on ACTUAL shipping if you make a large order from them. ESP if the stuff is heavy.
One good ass raping with "That's what UPS charges us. There's nobody with any authority in the office ;Everybody here is new." and you might end up pretty irritated.

I won't buy direct from them since Nick is a vendor so hopefully Nick can get a solid shipping number. I'm liking the SS headers too and the girdle looks nice etc etc etc. I have their girdle on my 78 Trans Am. Nice piece. Maybe I can save on some shipping if I get it all together?

Truth! 33$ to ship a pair of rocker shafts...

Back