Quick sub box question for you pros

Ive always found that for the money you can build your own box out of particle board (correct me if im wrong)...not the kind used in construction, if you seal it, cocking gun, nail it and through some pillow fluff in their it will sound great....we spent a total of 130 dollars on my sub setup including speaker and amp from ebay and other places and for what i spent i think i got a great sound...

thats what i use, Impb with a clarius profile amp putting out around 600 wats, and a self built box, sounds great for rock songs

Well, I got the box in but wasn't able to come up with a good way to "secure" it without anchoring the rear.

I originally wanted to be able to quickly remove the box if I went to the track....now I have to take the back seat out, pull down the factory sound barrier crap and unscrew the 2 brackets!!

I thought about using a heavy duty drawer slide, but then I wouldn't have the clearance needed for the rear deck speakers (magnet already touches the box as it is).

I don't know....I guess if I end up turning 11.2s at the track I'll go through the hassle. Otherwise, it is a permanent fixture :)

Thanks for everyone's help

Here's some pics: website

Maltman - the weight of the subbox won't effect you at the track.
We have enough torque to overcome the small weight addition.

wrong port size

you said the woofer sounds different at different freq levels that is because the port is tunning the box to a certain freq. the woffer will sound its best when played at that freq. but will drop off a bit at others but it should not be so drastic that you notice a huge diffewrence in the sound.