You can type here any text you want

Quick ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GBGN1

stroked
Hey everyone.Im in the process of Buying all my parts for a stoked "109".Havent gotten anything yet .I was going to go with the kit from full throttle or dls,gn1 heads,ported stock intake,roller cam,Front high volume cover with all the updates.etc...My ? is would it be worth picking up a 3.8 stage II off center block and using all the parts in it instead of using the "109" if I can get the block for a reasonable price?Everything will work in the stage 2 block as far as i know.Im looking to build a motor that will hold 650-700 at the fly wheel dependably.Ill have $1000 in putting a girdle on the stock block. I know it can be done with a stock block but I have one chance at this and want to do it right.

An off-center block will accept pretty much everything from the 109, and will offer more strength, 4 bolt caps (splayed?), and more head bolts per cylinder to allow higher boost and keep it all together. If you can find one for a decent price, it could be worth it.

For 650-700 the S2 is overkill most will say, but if you can get one for decent money, might as well. It will for sure give you a solid foundation for future upgrades and increases in performance. Of course, the thing that scares me is that is I hang a rod, or really bugger up the motor, I have a lot more money into it that a 109. If it were a 109 and I blew the piss out of it, I can find one for a lot cheaper (about $300 average on here) to replace it.

Back