Race gas & Alky ???

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Well i know that the alky works great with 93 i'm at 20lbs "No Knock!" but i would like to settle a grudge at the strip and would like to just turn up the boot to about 25-27lbs and bust some arse! Any down falls to throwing some 110-114 race gas in and turning up the wick? Please let me know guys cause this grudge is going to take place in a week or so... and i want to be ready and loaded for bear.....:biggrin:

I wouldn't see any problem with doing that but are you sure you have to? I run 24-25lbs. with 94 octane with alky and am 100% knock free. I'm somewhat conservative with my tune and, judging by my Scanmaster numbers, I'm sure another psi or two wouldn't be much of an issue.

I wouldn't see any problem with doing that but are you sure you have to? I run 24-25lbs. with 94 octane with alky and am 100% knock free. I'm somewhat conservative with my tune and, judging by my Scanmaster numbers, I'm sure another psi or two wouldn't be much of an issue.
well it would be alot quicker to just throw some 114 in there and then make a couple adjustments to the RJC boost controller and bring it up to 25-27 mark with out creeping my way to that point seeing it's going down in only a week..

Listen, if you feel it gives you an added amount of detonation protection.. you cant ever have enough octane. Dont go too crazy, just use some turbo blue or 110 oct equivalent.

I know some say that they can hit 35 PSI on 93 octane, and I know I have.. but when your figuring out your tune-up.. it is cheap insurance.

Richie runs turbo blue and meth on his 109. Car has run 9.5 at 142. So at what point is it needed.. guess that always settles on a personal decision.

No downfall except money.

Especially for initial tunes I almost always run some sort of race fuel. I like the added protection although race fuel will slightly alter only some minor items in my final tune.