Racetronix 450LPH single pump. How much power did you make?

ttribejr

Racetronix says it in their comments that at 43.5 static pressure, 30psi boost it can support 900FWHP at 13.5 volts. I have to assume this is a petrol/gasoline rating. If so, I assume close to 600 FWHP at 13.5 volts.

Has anybody tested this pump to its limits on a e85 turbo car? How far did you get? stock voltage or booster?

Thanks!

My opinion based upon over a dozen mid/low 10 sec. e-85 conversions and a couple 9 sec. GN's is not what I would never do with a build to the 600FWHP level with one 450 pump at 13.5 volts?

That HP level is approaching race car territory, and new AN lines/fittings, wiring w/volt booster, filter and 450 or DW 300 pump, would be at least what I would do.

All the stock rubber lines would need to replaced with e-85 lines.

Also, I prefer static fuel pressure 50-55 PSI and pump voltage over 14V.

Thanks for the reply, Nick. Have you ever maxed out a single 450lph pump on any of your builds? If so, do you know what voltage you had and RWHP you were at? 13.5 volts is the only data I can find on the pump. I have no idea how it flows with higher voltage.

Thanks for the reply, Nick. Have you ever maxed out a single 450lph pump on any of your builds? If so, do you know what voltage you had and RWHP you were at? 13.5 volts is the only data I can find on the pump. I have no idea how it flows with higher voltage.

I ran one of Nick's pumps 450 with my setup. I still had some hiccups in the logs from my car. I ran 20lb at 16v and saw signs of injector starvation. So being the stand up person Nick is we swapped out this combination for dual DW301's. He in turn tested this pump and worked fine for others, so who knows...each combo is different. If you send me your email address I can show you my dyno log numbers where I was getting nice fuel delivery 1:1 even with 18lb about 78% IDC when we dyno'd in june.

I guess I can screen shot the logs in, this one idc was 71, fuel pressure nice, 16v. This was on dual 301's however

upload_2017-1-2_12-26-52.png

I want to add another 430 pump to have a dual 430 setup and be set as far as fuel goes

Toby_Goodmk thanks for sharing your findings. What did you do to increase your voltage? and is there any issues with running that much voltage on the street?

I used to have a #10 feed and 8 return braided Russell lines and a 2025A Weldon external pump, and my results were putting my car on the edge in terms of my injector duty cycle. I had a Reds volt booster on the car too. So I switched over to a Racetronix double pumper and teflon line kit and the results were night and day. Below is my datalog in 3rd gear as I am coming close to the traps. This is with C16 only and my base fuel pressure is set at 45psi with 120lb injectors. This log was on my 9.20@150+mph pass.

Toby_Goodmk thanks for sharing your findings. What did you do to increase your voltage? and is there any issues with running that much voltage on the street?

I used to have a #10 feed and 8 return braided Russell lines and a 2025A Weldon external pump, and my results were putting my car on the edge in terms of my injector duty cycle. I had a Reds volt booster on the car too. So I switched over to a Racetronix double pumper and teflon line kit and the results were night and day. Below is my datalog in 3rd gear as I am coming close to the traps. This is with C16 only and my base fuel pressure is set at 45psi with 120lb injectors. This log was on my 9.20@150+mph pass.

I am using a caspers volt booster so unless I am 75% tps the pumps run at normal operating voltage.

Why not switch to something like a Weldon 2345-A or similar?

Here is the flow sheet for the Weldon: http://media.wix.com/ugd/79966d_b23a13bb573d4177a7e998d594408449.pdf

For the Racetronix 450: http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=F90000274&eq=&Tp=

The Weldon by itself is over double what the Racetronix can flow.

Just a thought?

Unless your building a all out racecar, the Weldon pump is the louder then the engine itself. I had one of those on my car for years, and ditching it was the best choice I ever made. You will lose your sanity having that on your car. If it is a street car, that pump is also going to need a fuel controller to keep it from overheating and leaving you stranded. The Weldon pump is good enough to get racecars into the 7's. I have gone 154mph with my Racetronix double pumper at a 68% duty cycle. I pretty confident I can go deep into the 8's with this system, and if I can get my voltage up to 15.5 I believe it can easily do bottom 8's which is more then I ever plan to take my car.

Unless your building a all out racecar, the Weldon pump is the louder then the engine itself. I had one of those on my car for years, and ditching it was the best choice I ever made. You will lose your sanity having that on your car. If it is a street car, that pump is also going to need a fuel controller to keep it from overheating and leaving you stranded. The Weldon pump is good enough to get racecars into the 7's. I have gone 154mph with my Racetronix double pumper at a 68% duty cycle. I pretty confident I can go deep into the 8's with this system, and if I can get my voltage up to 15.5 I believe it can easily do bottom 8's which is more then I ever plan to take my car.

All very good points.

Merely trying to offer a different approach :)

510 or 680 racetronix?

I am leaning towards racetronix right now because its of the digital dash sending unit and the fact that you can swap leads easily to rotate which pump is primary and secondary. I like plug-n-play. Surprisingly my little ebay walbro pump is cranking out some fuel. I am running 22psi on e85 (stock turbo) and only getting a few percent FP correction and DC in the low 40s with my 120s. None the less, I will outgrow it very soon with my next round of parts.

i made 750rwhp on a single 450 with -8 supply and a -6 return . Champion fuel rails and it was also on a boost a pump at 17volts . I have since the run installed a second 450 so now I have dual 450s which should handle enough fuel to put down some great numbers on e85
50F772B9-DBCF-4370-8208-3F654A18C23B.jpeg

So far I've run the "450" pump up to 85% duty on SMP 120's. 41psi static and 60psi in boost. 15.4V system voltage. RT line kit. Fuel pressure has been solid.

Planning to turn it up another 5psi or so in the spring.

I would love to try E85 but we don't have it available at any of the pumps here in Canada. I would have to cross the border with some Gerry cans to give it a try. I was able to get 1,005wrhp on C16 with a 85% duty cycle @30+psi, but my voltage isn't the greatest. I used to run Red's volt booster that would keep it at 14.2, but I seemed to have lost it after putting my car back together last year. My voltage is hovering around 13.2 at WOT. For you guys using E85, I have heard that there has been discrepancies in octane levels with E85 on Yellow Bullet. Any truth to this?

I would love to try E85 but we don't have it available at any of the pumps here in Canada. I would have to cross the border with some Gerry cans to give it a try. I was able to get 1,005wrhp on C16 with a 85% duty cycle @30+psi, but my voltage isn't the greatest. I used to run Red's volt booster that would keep it at 14.2, but I seemed to have lost it after putting my car back together last year. My voltage is hovering around 13.2 at WOT. For you guys using E85, I have heard that there has been discrepancies in octane levels with E85 on Yellow Bullet. Any truth to this?
Yes.make sure you know what you have in that tank.the swing has cost some a few $$

Dank GN, your car looks pissed off in that pic. lol Good job, great numbers.
Thanks bud it’s been a journey to say the least but I’m finally getting to see what she can do . I ended up installing dual 450s which should take car of my fuel needs

Attachments

• 79126528-5455-481D-9E6D-CE7F3136DE29.jpeg
    79126528-5455-481D-9E6D-CE7F3136DE29.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
  • A9AA4CFE-6CBA-4D9A-93C6-E63655E70B63.jpeg
    A9AA4CFE-6CBA-4D9A-93C6-E63655E70B63.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158