ramchargers dual radiator fan

jbaker

anyone know about, or using ramchargers dual cooling fan. how did you install yours. hows the quality of the fan. at $79 im tempted to pick one up. thanks jerome baker

My dad put one on his GN and it seems to work very well.....he also has a front mount (Eastern Performance I believe) and it fit just fine. Basically unbolted the old one and slid the new one in place adn plugged it in. As for noise, it does let you know when its on but it's not overly loud....at least when both fans are on. I was gonna get a Spal, but I think I will now end up buying one of those instead.HTH

Jerome, someone posted some pics here once of the mounting. I believe they used angle brackets mounted to the top edge of the fan and then into the original mounting holes. I don't recall what the bottom had but something similar should work.

I love my fans, they definately help keep the car running cool in this insane Texas heat. Since I've been dealing with other things on the car lately, they are still zip tied to the radiater support in multiple places:D .

FWIW I know Jim Testa last year installed the Ramchargers fans and he has the PTE FMIC and he got it to fit real nice. I am sure if someone buzzed him he'd post some pics cause he sent me pics of the install after he did it.

I've installed (3). You'll need to cut the ends (tabs) from the fans to make them fit between the radiator tanks. I make some brackets from some aluminum pieces gotten from a local home supply place. It's a good deal, priced right, and works well.

Friend here tried to install one with a CAS V2. Wouldn't clear the up-pipe. Anyone else run into this? Looks like a nice unit though.

In cases where a pipe interferes with the fan motor and shifting sideways will not provide enough clearance, it may help to cut a slight amount off the end of the pipe that goes to the turbo or tb so that it may be pushed further toward the turbo or tb thus tilting the pipe away from the motor. Add punctuation as desired.

i installed mine with the ford diesel intercooler. i cut the tabs from the sides and made a little bracket for the bottom, noting on top cause it fits in real snug. no problems at all with the frontmount and the ac on.
good luck,
mike

Direct plug in fan harness for Turbo Buick

Did you guys have to buy the Direct plug in fan harness for Turbo Buick for ~$22.00?

hey darkfa8

tried accessing your pics. somethings wrong with your setup . can you check it out. also could not find "cooling" but did find notation of "fan 1-5". in any case i could not view the pics. thanks

I have them installed in my car, no complaints here,

I did however need to sawsall the ears off the fan as it doesnt fit, I then bought the 90 degree L brackets and installed them into the top hole for the radiator support shroud, the bottom i used the original bracket and it holds the bottom secure just sliding it in, i pull/tug and cant get the fan to budge so i am happy with it, HOWEVER i it a PITA to do anything with the intercooler b/c the fan needs to come out each time. unlike the stock one that stays in.

Does anyone know if the fit would be the same on an '85--are the radiator dimensions the same?

Also, how much power (amps) does this thing draw--would my stock alternator be adequate?

I'd like to convert my hotair to an electric fan.

Several guys here in MD are running this fan, and everyone loves it. Great bang for the buck. Moves much more air than the stock fan but is quieter. Most just make up some straps from aluminum or galvanized strip from home depot for mounts, after cutting off the ears. most are on front mount cars with no problems. Only thing I don't like about the adapter harness they sell is that it only runs the fans when the ecm commands, not when the ac switch/delay relay/overtemp switch would have turned the stock fan on. That means you lose the heat soak cooldown after using the a/c, and that the switch most of us wire into the overtemp switch for cooldown in the staging lanes no longer runs the fans. It looks to me like you should be able to add a middle pin to their connector and tie the wires to the power wires on the end pin but I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone tried this?

Originally posted by ijames
Only thing I don't like about the adapter harness they sell is that it only runs the fans when the ecm commands, not when the ac switch/delay relay/overtemp switch would have turned the stock fan on. That means you lose the heat soak cooldown after using the a/c, and that the switch most of us wire into the overtemp switch for cooldown in the staging lanes no longer runs the fans. It looks to me like you should be able to add a middle pin to their connector and tie the wires to the power wires on the end pin but I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone tried this?
Just run a jumper from the high speed fan relay to the low speed fan relay. That way when either is energized, it will work. I had some pics which I cant find. I will snap some more ASAP. I cut the sides etc so the fans butt up against my radiator core. I have the setup with a PTE IC and the pipes clear.