You can type here any text you want

Ran my buddies Supra powered Lexus.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
The other night the guys from the auto club here at school were out cruising around and my buddy Steve and I got into it. He's got an SC300 Lexus with a turbo motor out of a Supra in it. It's got a 60 series turbo on it and a 5 or 6 speed trans from the Supra I believe. We ran a few times, twice on the highway, the first from like 65mph or so (not a good idea in the GN I know) and he pulled about 3 cars on me. Second time we backed down to around 50 (still not that good I know) and he still pulled 2-3 cars on me. Ok so we know he's got a much better top end now....I knew that going into it, haha. We finally get a stoplight, I built a little boost and took him by 3-4 four cars from the dead stop. I was pretty pumped, we let off fairly fast since we were pulling into a lot coming up. He definetly woulda caught me if we kept going more than that, but I was pumped I got him off the line. My car's pretty much bone stock minus a good tune, full 3'' exhaust, some frame braces, and a K&N filter. I thought I kept up pretty good for having a mostly stock car versus his full engine swapped vehicle. All in all it was good fun either way!

Nice runs, Wonder why these cars do not have a good top end charge ?
Heads can't flow enough or something ? I always thought a turbo engine would pull harder on top end.

Nice runs, Wonder why these cars do not have a good top end charge ?
Heads can't flow enough or something ? I always thought a turbo engine would pull harder on top end.

Because you need to spend a lot of $ to get reliable mph. Your paying in one way or another. My black car went 126mph on the first pass a 24.5 psi. Plenty of top end to beat on 99.9% of anything you encounter on the street. Heads, cam, turbo, intercooler, and a lot of fuel. If you want to do it with 93 octane then you need alky injection. Then tune the bitch.

The other night the guys from the auto club here at school were out cruising around and my buddy Steve and I got into it. He's got an SC300 Lexus with a turbo motor out of a Supra in it. It's got a 60 series turbo on it and a 5 or 6 speed trans from the Supra I believe. We ran a few times, twice on the highway, the first from like 65mph or so (not a good idea in the GN I know) and he pulled about 3 cars on me. Second time we backed down to around 50 (still not that good I know) and he still pulled 2-3 cars on me. Ok so we know he's got a much better top end now....I knew that going into it, haha. We finally get a stoplight, I built a little boost and took him by 3-4 four cars from the dead stop. I was pretty pumped, we let off fairly fast since we were pulling into a lot coming up. He definetly woulda caught me if we kept going more than that, but I was pumped I got him off the line. My car's pretty much bone stock minus a good tune, full 3'' exhaust, some frame braces, and a K&N filter. I thought I kept up pretty good for having a mostly stock car versus his full engine swapped vehicle. All in all it was good fun either way!
Tell him i want to run him with my black GN. Ill run him with drag radials. BS him and get him to go for some $.

Hey bison, where in CT are you? I'm actually in Erie, PA for school right now or else I'd send him your way, haha.

Back