You can type here any text you want

Razor Alky Kit for TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeasen

I just purchased a Razor Alky kit from a board member for my TTA. Although I received a full set of instructions I still could use some help installing the Alky kit on my car.

I would really appreciate pictures. They would really help me understand what is written in the instructions. The things that would really help me would be pictures of the pump mounting, where the wires go thru the firewall, and any finished interior pictures.

I have never seen or really looked at another installation so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
James Armbrust

I put my wires through the passenger side. I drilled a new hole so it wouldnt be crowed on the drivers side.

The pump mounting can take a bit. You have to take out the battery, drill the holes, and bolt up the pump. Two people are neccasary for this. I will get pics the next time it is on the lift.

100_3550.jpg

Top LED is the turnon LED and the bottom one is low.
100_3549.jpg

Jason

Razor's web page has several pictures of his installation. :)

You will find a one inch hole under, and behind, the master cylinder. Remove the rubber plug and you can run any wire you want through there.
:)

New manuals have pixs.. send me an email, i'll forward ya one.

HTH

Julio

PS.. if system is older than 11/05 there was an update done. You need to have them done. Period.

New manuals have pixs.. send me an email, i'll forward ya one.

HTH

Julio

PS.. if system is older than 11/05 there was an update done. You need to have them done. Period.

I think the updates are done :eek: :cool:

Here are some more pics but they didnt turn out to well because the car sits to low to the ground and the camera wouldnt focus...Like I said, the next time it is on the lift, I will take better pics.
Where I mounted the overflow..you can see it going under the plastic radiator piece..
100_3683.jpg

Another
100_3684.jpg

100_3685.jpg

Here is where I had my feed line run
100_3686.jpg

Uppipe
100_3687.jpg

My blind camera shots...
100_3700.jpg

100_3699.jpg

Here is where I ran it into the interior
100_3701.jpg

100_3702.jpg

And there is my low level and turn on LED wiring..I cant get anyother pics without taking the interior apart or on the lift..
100_3703.jpg

Jason

Pictures

Quiky One, thanks for taking the time to take the pictures and posting them on the board. I really appreciate it. They will be a big help when installing the alky kit.

I know that the pump mounts under the battery from the bottom and that the pictures did not come out too good because of focusing problems. It looks like the pump mounts with the end with the power connections and alcohol line connections pointing to the front of the car. Am I correct? If not which way should it point? Toward the rear of the car? The passenger side of the car? Or to the drivers side of the car?

Thanks again for the pictures.
Jeasen

The head of the pump is toward the drivers side. When you mount it up, it will only fit one way..The feed line is not long enough for any other way.

Jason

Pump Mounting

Hey, thanks again for the info. This really helps me to get started on the right foot. With my luck and ability I probably could have put it in upside down and backwards.

Jeasen

And you have to have two people...One to hold the pump and the other to push down the top of the bolts. Shoving them through the grommets isn't the easiest thing to do.

Jason

Back