Razor's alky kit instulation?

ikle

How difficult is it to install Razor's alky kit?Do you have to be a "rocket scientist" or can the average joe with some mechanical skills complete this task?I want to buy one but wont until I fully understand how it is installed,I like to do as much work to my car as possible myself.Thanks,ikle

installing razor's kit is easy. he has even made it easyer over the last few years. if you can do basic maintance on your car and know your way around some tools you will be fine. Also with razors killer support/customer service he will walk you through any questions you might have. I would pull the trigger and get the kit.

I agree, I installed his kit last summer and it was fairly straight forward. I've read guys installing in a few hrs but it took me most of a weekend. I wasn't going to rush and just took my sweet time. Every time I rush......something ALWAYS screws up or I miss someting.....stupid old age.
Anyway, when I was done, everything worked perfect. With Julio's support, it's a no brainer really.

IMHO, Razor's alky / meth kit is so "head and shoulders" above the others I wouldn't even hesitate. Razor has designed his kit to be so "stealth" that most people don't even notice that it is installed. It is well worth whatever time it takes to install. The quality and integrity of his kit, service, PM & E-Mail and phone assistance is second to no one. I have one on my '87 Turbo Buick for a few years now and have never had even an iota of a problem with it. I hope to be running one on my new '09 Cad CTS-V shortly. His instructions are noteworthy also. Very complete & detailed.

I take a little longer than most to install Razors kit, because, I go for stealth & don't use the control box. I use the unused indicators already in the dash & working on the dash is time consuming. Controls are in the ash tray - I don't smoke & I can close the lid.

Thanks for all of the information,I will be getting Razor's alky kit soon,just didn't want to buy something I couldn't install myself.Thanks again,ikle.

stealth install

I take a little longer than most to install Razors kit, because, I go for stealth & don't use the control box. I use the unused indicators already in the dash & working on the dash is time consuming. Controls are in the ash tray - I don't smoke & I can close the lid.

Any pics of the ashtray install? I am interested in the stealth look as well!!
thanks
Jim

Alky kit

Just done one not to long ago didn't finish until i called juilo and then i was done with over the phone directions talk about great service.

Al

I've installed and tuned 3 of Razor's kits with ZERO issues. Mine's been on my car for around three years.

Great instructions.
Great quality parts.
Great product support.
Great results.:)

It doesn't get any better than this.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

The install was very easy and straight forward. The average Joe with the average set of hand tools and some common sense can put one of these together. You'll need things like ratchets/sockets/wrenches, a drill, some electrical crimpers.....if you can follow instructions you should be good to go.

Just take your time and make sure you're going step by step. Be prepared to remove the up pipe for the injector install and don't forget to wash all the metal shavings out from drilling the hole. Also be prepared to remove the dash under vent to route the pac controller. You'll need to install a few lamps in the warning lamps that sit next to the speedo.

And last but not least Julio is always avaliable for assistance. Great guy too.

:biggrin:Its so easy a cave man can do it:pHere is how i ran my setup

Attachments

• DSC00721.jpg
    DSC00721.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 797
I installed one on my mustang. It took me longer to fab a mounting panel for the pump than to install the kit.Very easy to do and Awesome quality stuff. I should have some solid dyno numbers thurs!

If you install Razor alky kit and turn up the boost- make sure you have a extra pair of underwear:eek:

The kit installs very easily, the most time consuming part for me was deciding where and how I was going to mount the control boxes. The only thing I would recommend would be to read the instructions several times through before you start turning wrenches. Alcohol has got to be the single best upgrade for these cars, you can't add more power faster/cheaper/more permanently than this.

ok, dont bash me, im just asking.
i was reading a thread on jay's alky controller, is there any advantage with his controller over razor's on a street car? i've read good things about both. is it relatively easy to install his controller with this kit? or is his cont. for more hard core racers?
i'm in the market for an alky kit and dont want to buy twice.

From what I have seen and heard Razor is the way to go . I am going to get mine order in Monday and if all goes well I can get Razor to install it at the 2010 TB nationals. Tech support is everything and his is second to none.

ok, dont bash me, im just asking.
i was reading a thread on jay's alky controller, is there any advantage with his controller over razor's on a street car? i've read good things about both. is it relatively easy to install his controller with this kit? or is his cont. for more hard core racers?
i'm in the market for an alky kit and dont want to buy twice.

With my product you have 7 years of R&D and the kit lays out without virtually any modifications to the car. We have some 9 second 93 octane 109 block Buick vehicles using the kit.

Jay's controller has a lot of neat features. I have sold kits without a controller and I have sold 2500+ Buick specific kits with. In the end, do your research.. contact vendors.. ask questions and you'll have your decision.

In my opinion, I dont see any ET advantage going to a specialty controller. As in reality the pump is the slowest part of the system and can only make slow changes to pressure. Just my .02. I may be proven wrong with this statement, only time will tell :wink: This is dealing with the alcohol portion. On boost controllers.. thats a whole other deal.

If you want to try something different.. no problem go for it. I can offer a kit you can drop in and are ready to go in a few hours with very little figuring out.

Either way, you'll get great tech support on the product from Buick knowledgeable techs