You can type here any text you want

Razors alkycontrol, where are you guys mounting the overflow bottle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

Thinking of getting Razors alky setup. My car is stock and I want to keep it looking that way as much as possible. I even bought an extra up pipe since I know you have to drill into it.
I understand that the radiator overflow bottle gets replaced with a new one for the alky and that there is a small bottle supplied that is used for the overflow.
where is everyone mounting it and how visible is it with the hood open.
Many thanks

The overflow bottle goes under the passenger's side headlight and its not easy to see. :)

I drill and mount it on an angle on the fan shroud under the upper radiator hose, use the clear piece of hose held by hose clips on the 2 lower fan bolts and then up to the filler neck on the radiator....

Razor puts it between the battery and the headlights, black short hose, no screws/glue nessesary.....Quick and easy.

Sorry, GN install location......

Mines on the drivers side.. underneath my air filter.

cottonpicker14 said:
Thinking of getting Razors alky setup. My car is stock and I want to keep it looking that way as much as possible. I even bought an extra up pipe since I know you have to drill into it.
I understand that the radiator overflow bottle gets replaced with a new one for the alky and that there is a small bottle supplied that is used for the overflow.
where is everyone mounting it and how visible is it with the hood open.
Many thanks

http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7969

Since my car is not driven in the rain, I really had no need for the windshield wiper fluid, so I made it my overflow bottle, just ran a black hose from radiator over to it as it already has a pickup tube to suck water from the bottom of the bottle in it.

Real Stealth Overflow

I have a big aluminum Griffin rad. (two rows of 1.25 tubes) more than enough to keep things cool. So when the rad. finds it's natural level (rad full when hot) I think I will disconnect the overflow bottle and put a 90* preformed 3/8" hose on that goes straight down to the bottom of the radiator like they used to in the olden days.

That will take care of trying to hide a bottle or long runs of hoses and bottles put in places that are hard to get to for bottle filling purposes. Everyone will just take it for granted that the alky tank is the overflow because there are no other bottles if that's you thing, I just want to keep my engine compartment clean. :D

PS: I can always put the bottle back.

NHRA/IHRA says you need a minimum 16oz bottle... thats if they have tech at your track.

I like the clean look too.. thats why mine is on my drivers side.. tho I think I may change to using my WW tank.. as I never use it for anything..

Razor said:
NHRA/IHRA says you need a minimum 16oz bottle... thats if they have tech at your track.

I like the clean look too.. thats why mine is on my drivers side.. tho I think I may change to using my WW tank.. as I never use it for anything..
I thought the windshield washer tank was the best idea too if you are going to use an overflow tank because most people don't use their washers that often. I don't use mine so I may use the washer bottle, that way if you have a slow lost of fuild you will see it in the tank without having to take the radiator cap off to look. :)

I just switched to the wiper bottle for the overflow, ran the line to it nice and neat (approx. 6' worth of hose but you do not notice it) on my T-type and I must say: I already like it. :)
One less bottle.

j13smiley said:
can some one host those pics here? you must be a member of that site to view the pics....

So register, those pics are part of the *library*.

injection supply bottle mounting

Hi,
I'm not using Razor's excellent system. Instead, thinking I didn't have a big issue with detonation, I went with the cheaper water injection system from Spearco. In hindsight, I should have ordered his kit instead.
Anyway, I think I came up with an innovative way to keep the supply reservoir cool, and it looks neat,too. I mounted the tank to the left , in front of both condenser and radiator, attached to the header panel. I used entirely stock mounting holes, no drilling with my configuration.It gets cool air there,is accessible with a hose and funnel, and when seen from the front, gives the impression of some sort of bad ass mod.I might add that Spearco water systems have an aircraft aluminum tank, which is why it looks cool.Can't take ALKY though, too bad... I imagine that this idea could easily be adapted to the alky systems. There isn't a lot of room on either inner fender, and heat should be a factor. Lots of room between the bumper and header panel...Just a thought.

bottle location

Hi,
OOPS!
I was giving you guys info based on my experience with my TType. Sorry, haven't crossed this bridge with the TTA, but still might be some valuable info there. Again, sorry for the possible mis information.

bottle location

Hi,
OOPS!
I was giving you guys info based on my experience with my TType. Sorry, haven't crossed this bridge with the TTA, but still might be some valuable info there. Again, sorry for the possible mis information.

Back