read this is crazy deals with ign. module

stsplash

ok my buddies car is popping bad brought up a code 42 so we think ignition module i switch my coil pack and module onto his and his car will barely turn over and not start at all.put his back on and it will fire up with out a prob. but popping is still there under boost

what is weird is my car is running better than ever how can my stuff not work on his car :D

Try swapping your MAF sensor onto his car and see if there is a difference. It will only take 5 minutes. MAF symptoms appear similar to ignition problems.

In matter of fact it was on my car. I put his ignition module and coilpak on my car and it wouldn't start. It would barely crank over. I put mine back on and it fires right up. I am having problems with a sputtering at mid range and top end with the race chips i have. I am running a TurboTweak chip and Red Armstrong 106chip in my car. But with Reds 93 chip my car is fine with 18psi of boost. I have replaced everything on my car so everything is new. My car just starts to break up with the higher boost. I have had the boost up to 26psi on both chips. In matter of fact with the street chip i ran 122mph with 18psi of boost compare to 26psi of boost i only ran 120mph. It should be a hell of alot faster in race trim.