You can type here any text you want

Rear end complete rebuild.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Time to rebuild my 10 bolt this winter. I'd also like to replace my original posi with another limited slip. What is the best posi unit? Auburn? Eaton? Give me some ideas. I will probably also be going with some aftermarket axles. Who has good steel axles pre-cut for our rear ends? Who would you recommend for ring/pinion? What company has the good prices?

Any/all help is appreciated!!

Surely someone out there has some suggestions? There are lots of different ways to skin a cat..

Time to rebuild my 10 bolt this winter. I'd also like to replace my original posi with another limited slip. What is the best posi unit? Auburn? Eaton? Give me some ideas. I will probably also be going with some aftermarket axles. Who has good steel axles pre-cut for our rear ends? Who would you recommend for ring/pinion? What company has the good prices?

Any/all help is appreciated!!

I went with the eaton 30 spline carrier and moser axles. I also went with lpw cover and brace kit

Attachments

• IM000432.jpg
    IM000432.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 422
You can put fresh clutches in the stock posi for under $100 so unless you are going to bigger axles that is what I'd do. The eaton unit is just like the stocker, and that's what I went with in 30 spline. I don't think the base Auburn is rebuildable and I had 2 or 3 friends who wore them out in a few 10,000's of street miles. The Auburn Pro is rebuidable but the same $$ as the Eaton, so why bother? :-)

You can put fresh clutches in the stock posi for under $100 so unless you are going to bigger axles that is what I'd do. The eaton unit is just like the stocker, and that's what I went with in 30 spline. I don't think the base Auburn is rebuildable and I had 2 or 3 friends who wore them out in a few 10,000's of street miles. The Auburn Pro is rebuidable but the same $$ as the Eaton, so why bother? :-)

Where did you get the rebuild kit for your stock posi? I've checked my local sources and came up with nothing...but then again I live in southernoregon....

More good info! Thanks guys....

Must have been a while ago, as I dont see a posi that cheap anywhere on that link:confused:

That's for the clutch kit....... scroll down further you will see it

Back