Rear Frame Notch Kit

Sorry for the delay. I'm having my webmaster put these kits on the website so people can put orders in. I should have the kits cut out and have pics by tuesday 6/17 (of the actual kit). Thanks for your patients.

Rob
Turbo Buick Mods Home Page

Rob....my car is currently up on the lift awaiting it's new 35-spline Moser 9" to go in. But I decided to wait for this frame rear-notch kit before installing.

ANY word yet...it's been pretty much "two-weeks" now.....;)

Sounds like what I need to get. The plate your making, is it to replace the piece you cut out on the outside? Because I think installing a 1/4 plate to the outside frame would stiffen the frame. Plus the frame would then be flat to the tire and have the same Clarance to the tire from the front of the frame to the rear.

Hey Everybody. Sorry for the delay. I had a family emergency and had to go out of town. The parts should be done this week and ready for sale. I will have my webmaster list the parts on the web. Also, then I should have some pics of the parts. Cruzn57 will do install pics for me later. But there will be some instructions for this kit. The kit will come with the 1/4" frame rails and various supports and braces. Thanks for your patients.

Rob

I've started to prep my car

I'll do step by step pics, and send em to Rob, he can post as needed, and I'll answer any question I'm able to,
not saying I'm an expert, but it'll give you guys an idea, and show those who aren't sure what your in for.
cruzn57@yahoo.com

I'll have three sets ready to ship out first thing monday. Cruzin57 already has one of the sets taking. I still don't have the pics yet. But if you want to claim any of the two sets, contact me.
Again the kit contains: (2) Frame rails, (4) inner frame supports, (4) frame rail end caps, and (1)1 3/4" cross support bar.
More kits will be made. Thanks.

Rob

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing the kit on your site and hearing the feedback.

Do you think this will cure the quarter panel crunch that frame notched cars get on launches?

If you were going to make them, I would include 2 angle braces to re-enforce the rear crossmember to the frame. I would also include a cross tube for behind the rear crossmember to connect the two frame rails. The only problem with this is not everyones frame is straight I suppose. What would you have for a cost?

Where are these 2 angle braces you speak of to go? :biggrin:

I believe the quarter panel crunch comes from us TR guys dragging the rear bumpers....:D .
The kit will be a great help. I tried my best to reinforce as much as I can to make the rear stronger than it was stock.
The guys took pics today. I will try to get them posted over the weekend.

Rob

Here are the pics finally:
1-1.jpg

Thanks.

Rob

Rob,

Do I get installation pics and instructions with the kit? Or are you going to post them?

Thanks,

Don