You can type here any text you want

Rear main seal help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
No I didnt have to. But my mounts are in good shape though, yours may be a little worn letting the motor down.
I did have to work the pan around quite a bit to get it off, but nothing too ridiculous.

Glad to see you got it all back together. Any leaks??

Lee

Well I have the new Stage 2 Poly motor mounts. It actually brings the engine 1/4" from stock. I still couldn't get it off. Then I realized that I could just take the flexplate off which took 2 mins and be done w/ it. You a better mechanic than me cause I couldn't do it. I guess I will have to practice at that but hopefully it won't leak again. I just got the tranny up and I have to get the crossmember in and then I can fill her up w/ fluids and cross my fingers.:D

Nah, definetly not a better mechanic, just a little more time under the car :D
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya on the oil pan gasket, should have waited and gotten the cork one IMO.

BTW how long did it take you to do it?

Lee

Well no leaks!:D And the VSS is still working! Well it took me a bit of time. Mostly because I dropped the tranny. First time w/ this car. Underneath the car was a mess! Oil was in every where imaginable. When I jacked the front of the car up, you could actually see the oil stream out. Kinda makes me think it was the pan gasket but really couldn't tell. I would guess that it would of taken me about 2 hrs or so but ended up being all day yesterday and a little bit of today. Kinda sucks when you have to do it by yourself. Only had help w/ putting the tranny back up. Now I know what to do.:cool: BTW, I am going to get the cork gasket ordered and put it on after an upcoming event here on the 25th of October. But if it doesn't leak, I will just leave it be.

TTA197,
I heard the Victor gaskets in general were excellent but if this neoprene one doesn't work, I will just stay away from them. I got the Victor set for the timing cover and all.

Back