You can type here any text you want

Rear passanger side spark plug wire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Corvino

Going through my 87 GN, little things bug me - like having 5 red spark plug wires and 1 dark blue. As I figured the only reason someone would do this is because it was laying on the header, sure enough it was on the header. I did order all new spark plug wires (tune up time), but how are you guys organizing your wires so this doesn't happen? These 10.4mm wires aren't cheap.

Correct length, and using the factory separators.
My Russ Merritt wires are loomed together, and separated w/ tie wraps, and fit perfect.

I didn't even think to see if the factory separators are present and if so, in the correct place. Thanks!

Your wire separator choices are more limited because of the larger diameter wires . Here is how mine are run , not even close to touching the headers . Sam
DSCN0346.JPG
DSCN0347.JPG

I didn't even think to see if the factory separators are present and if so, in the correct place. Thanks!
Dr side clips into the plastic wiring loom that runs below the v. cover. {rear of loom}.
Pass side is a brkt that fits on the ft lower v. cover stud.

Where did you purchase those wire separators?
I believe those are from Advance Auto , just cheap Mr Gasket ones for a V8 . I clip the 4th groove off & shape it on the bench grinder .
An old Pro Stock racer told me to never "pinch" the ignition wire. Those hard plastic wire separator's put a lot of strain on the wire.
Those don't pinch once they are snapped on , because you can slide adjust wires though them easily . Plus I don't see that being an issue if they did ,unless they were so tight they made indentations in the insulation or maybe if they were pinched tightly to each other , but not separated . I do like those MSD separators tho . Sam

Last edited:
Your wire separator choices are more limited because of the larger diameter wires . Here is how mine are run , not even close to touching the headers . SamView attachment 263776 View attachment 263777

Do you have a full picture showing the spark plug wires connected on the terminals of the coil pack and the spark plugs on the passenger side?

Reason i ask is when i have mine hooked up i can have the #6 wire cross either over top or underneath the #2 and #4 wires. Yours seem to be straight in the pictures you posted without #6 crossing the other 2 wires,but kind of hard to tell since the full picture is not shown of the spark plug wires on the engine. Or is it the TR6 module is wired different than the stock module to keep them straight?

I use the same wire separators you have. I bought mine from O'Reilly auto parts for the v6 engine they were on sale last month when i bought them. I had to trim the inside tabs so they didn't fit so tight on the wires,but now they fit perfect without pinching the wires.

Last edited:
Or is it the TR6 module is wired different than the stock module to keep them straight?

Yes , I have a TR6 and it allows me to route them better .
DSCN0349.JPG
DSCN0350.JPG

Last edited:
Back