You can type here any text you want

Rear shock tower brace?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6togo

Anyone have pics of a shock tower brace welded or have one like they use when you notch the rails? I am thinking about making a bolt in version i just dont know about floor clearance or any thing else that may hit it. I want to do this to just help beef the frame up some while the body is still off so if anyone has any input please let me know!
Chris

If the frames out I can tell you personally to reweld all the seams. Here's a pic of what I did to mine but I'm not planing on narrowing the rear rails any. I also boxed the frame which made a huge difference in it. Don't use thicker than 1/8" if you do it so you still have some flexability in it. It has to have some flex but not as much as it does stock.
DSCN0002.JPG

The frame is already coated so no welding! I was more looking at the brace that guys welded right where the shock top bolts on i did not notch mine either just wanting to beef it up some.
Chris

You can make a brace that goes in between the frame rails back near the bumper kinda like a trailer hitch. Seen a few of them on the board and looks like a good way to go since you've already coated everything.

Yea i plan on doing one of those also i was just thinking since i am running air suspension which eliminates the springs like the coil over kits it might help to brace the shock towers being the shocks sit back further than the springs do. i found a few pics and it seems clearance will be fine so i may give it a go!
Chris

Back