You can type here any text you want

Rear Street Wilwoods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bent6

The Vanilla Gowilla
Anyone got any info/part #s on Wilwood Dynalites for rear STREET applications? Most all of the ones listed on their website say 16" minimum wheel size for clearance but that some 15"ers may work. I am going to convert the rear to discs but need to keep them small enough for my drag wheels when I feel the need to get serious. I know all about the Aerospace stuff and I don't want Corvette size brakes - I want to go with Wilwood if possible.

Billy T - I know you have the answers.

Anyone got any info/part #s on Wilwood Dynalites for rear STREET applications? Most all of the ones listed on their website say 16" minimum wheel size for clearance but that some 15"ers may work. I am going to convert the rear to discs but need to keep them small enough for my drag wheels when I feel the need to get serious. I know all about the Aerospace stuff and I don't want Corvette size brakes - I want to go with Wilwood if possible.

Billy T - I know you have the answers.
Subscribed! This is my next mod also..

I have seen the Aerospace ones on a nice T-Type and they looked great! BUT my goal is to do some Auto-X and Road racing and I'm not sure how the Aerospace brakes will hold up to that kind of punishment..

Scot W.

I am using Wilwood kit 140-2118-B. My housing has Ford big bearing (new style) ends. At the time when I ordered the kit, I got the solid rotors.

I had a Weld Draglite 15x10 rim on the rear. Now I'm running a Billet Specialties Comp 5 Series 15x10 w/ 5" backspace. I have to clearance problem.

If you are going to street drive the car, then you have to look into a kit that has the E-brake. I run 5/8 drive studs and can't use the E-brake kit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'm using Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series in the rear with Weld 15x10 Aluma Stars. There's room enough for the balancing weights, but don't stack them more than one high.

I am using Wilwood kit 140-2118-B. My housing has Ford big bearing (new style) ends. At the time when I ordered the kit, I got the solid rotors.

I had a Weld Draglite 15x10 rim on the rear. Now I'm running a Billet Specialties Comp 5 Series 15x10 w/ 5" backspace. I have to clearance problem.

If you are going to street drive the car, then you have to look into a kit that has the E-brake. I run 5/8 drive studs and can't use the E-brake kit.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I knew you'd know the answer.

I'm assuming you meant you have NO clearance problems?

I don't plan on running an E-brake even though I only plan on using 1/2 inch studs. I'm debating sticking with the stock 10-bolt with some upgrades or just switching to an aftermarket rear with the big ends like a Strange S60 or something similar.

Did you go with the solid rotors for a reason? I may go the solid route since this is a primarily street application.

I'm using Wilwood Dynalite Pro Series in the rear with Weld 15x10 Aluma Stars. There's room enough for the balancing weights, but don't stack them more than one high.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on using the Pro series as they use a thinner rotor for race only applications. My porker would warp those in no time! I think they use the same Dynalite caliper so the clearance should be the same.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan on using the Pro series as they use a thinner rotor for race only applications. My porker would warp those in no time! I think they use the same Dynalite caliper so the clearance should be the same.

I had those on my 03 Camaro SS and I too warped mine in under a month:mad: So yea I would stay away from those for street use.

Sorry, I forgot the "No" :o Yea, I have no clearance problems.

I have the solid regular rotors for the rear. But I have the vented thin rotors up front.

Eventually I want to install dual calipers with vented rotors in the rear. But that'll be when I run out of things to do :D

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back