You can type here any text you want

rebuilt pwrmaster

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
I'm thinking of buying a rebuilt (Cardone) Powermaster from Autozone for $350 As mine has almost 140k and accum ball has gone. Do the reman ones have a new accum ball and pump and the sw too or do they replace just what is out of spec? I have a junk pwrmaster for a core.

Hey Doug,

You can do what you prefer, of course, but if you have a secondary core to trade (and keep you original) it can't hurt to try. What kind of warranty do they offer with it? $350 for a totally fresh rebuild ain't bad. But just like you said, how much is really rebuilt/replaced. AutoZoo parts aren't always the best quality.

If you still want, I can rebuild your original for you. All in total, may cost upwards of $500 in parts, but you know it will be done right. Give me a call if you want. Or we can discuss it Saturday at Reynolds!

See you there ;)

Just saw on Kirbans web site,

"We now offer rebuilt complete powermaster brake units.

Each unit is pre-tested and has a limited lifetime warranty for the original
buyer.

Because cores are limited, there is a core charge of $75, which is refunded
to you once an acceptable core has been received by us.

7021 - 1985-1987 Turbo Regal - Rebuilt Powermaster Brake Unit $399.95
PLUS $75 Core Charge*"

That sounds like a good deal. I would trust them on a rebuild.

pwr mster

I am going to check with Cardone and see what is replaced before I buy. :)

Don't let them tell you the drive motor has been rebuilt, because it can't.
It can only be replaced with a new one.
The cylinder can be rebuilt, if it isn't rusted or seized.

OK,I am gonna find out first,lifetime warranty. My acc ball has went bad I know but hate to spend $150 and all the rest is old!

Rebuild kits!?

Oh Crap!
I just called Postons, the PM rebuild kit I bought once is now discontinued and not available from them!
I might contact Hank and find out if he knows where to get them

I bought a Cardone unit 3 years ago and it worked fine and it was under $200 at that time. New switch and accum. Motor was not new nor did i expect it to be. A few years ago someone was producing motors for these. They had bought all the tooling to do it. Does anyone remember who this was ad if their still around?

bison said:
A few years ago someone was producing motors for these. They had bought all the tooling to do it. Does anyone remember who this was ad if their still around?
His name is Hank Terry. I bought one from him and is has been working flawlessly. His drive motors are NEW as the originals cannot be rebuilt. I know because I tried and gave up. For the price he has them for, it's a no brainer.

Hydroboost Systems

I was looking at the prices for rebuilt POWERMASTERS, which does not include the critical part,the motor. For $500.00 we can sell you a new HYDROBOOST AND MASTER CYL, GUARANTEED FOR LIFE OF THE CAR. The only extra cost is the hose set. Rubber type hose set is $135.00, and stainless hose set at $235.00. No more problems

Back