You can type here any text you want

Recomended Paint/Body shop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojoe1

Anyone no of any good Painters around North East Ohio, 44035?
I'm looking to have the whole car reprinted.

Factory Tuxedo Black.
How much am I looking at?

Thanks Joe

Go to a few local car shows. Find cars that have been painted which you like the paint job. Ask the owner who painted the car, call the painter to see how much. I'd say $6,000 at the very cheapest for a nice job if there's no bodywork to do.

You may want to post your location. Any you may want to post a thread in your "region".

if you are lucky maybe you could get away with $4k. But like said above $6K+ seems about the norm.

Some shops will cut a better price if you prep the car i.e. strip the existing paint down to bare metal,
remove bumpers trim, etc. Discuss it with the owner of the shop.

How do I post in a certain Region?

I may only have $3500

Thanks Joe

On the main forum page you scroll down to "regional". You'll see things like midwest, florida etc.

I would save enough cash to get it done the right way. It would suck to drop $3500 for a half ass job. Some places are cheaper than others though so you may find a good job for that price especially if you are willing to put some elbow grease in your self. Stuff like prep work and sanding yourself between coats can help bring the price down a good chunk.

Cost me 5k in 2008, I did the strip and took the car apart, removed the interior. They put the exterior back together. Full retail was $7600.

DEPENDS WHAT IS UNDER THE PAINT. MOST CARS HAVE BEEN REPAINTED OR AT LEASE THE TOPS HAVE BEEN PAINTED,IF THEY ARE NOT GARAGED AND ONLY PARTIAL USE.. A 20,000 MILE ORIG PAINT GN, TOPS CRACKED,MINOR DENTS,MARKS IN THE SIDE PANELS,REMOVING ALL TRIM(BELT MLDS QTR GLASS,T-LPS ETC,STRIPPING THE TOPS SURFACES,TIME SPENT IS APPROX 125 HOURS...+PAINT AND MAT$1,000.00 + GIVES YOU AN IDEA WHAT IS INVOLVED..REMEMBER CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER..

For a quality job, the car needs to be striped to bare metal. I can do a job for $3500, but it will be over the factory paint and using cheap materials. Will have some shrinkage and ringing around any bodywork or even around any chip that was sanded out.

Materials alone will exceed your #3500 budget. More than likley will need to strip the factory laquer to do the job right. When you remove the gaskets, weather strip, door seals and door/side windows you will find that most of that stuff will need attention. I would say $7000-$9000 would be on the low end for a respectable job providing there is no rot.
Allan G.

For a quality job, the car needs to be striped to bare metal. I can do a job for $3500, but it will be over the factory paint and using cheap materials. Will have some shrinkage and ringing around any bodywork or even around any chip that was sanded out.

X1000
Allan G.

I paid about $5500 to the body shop and a couple hundred to get the bumpers powder coated. I removed all the trim, 1/4 windows, door handles, bumper fillers, grill, etc. Car was stripped to bare metal. PPG paint. Wet sanded and buffed. Came out nice. Shop around. Economy still sucks and you should be able to find a shop willing to work for a little less than they used to. The shop would have painted over my old paint for $3500 but I was warned against that as it wouldn't last too well.

Recent pic
HPIM1007.JPG

If you only have $3500.00 to spend right now, I would not attempt to have it painted right now. You will thank yourself later if you can save some more money and do it at a later date. Good luck.

I just had mine done with Standox Real Black.

IMG_6114.jpg

Bryan

Think maybe ill just put the money towards need parts and performance mods

Thanks Joe

If you do decide to get painting done, for the best work I would look into Flashback Inc. on Canton Road in Akron. They do really good work.

For a cheaper route, Tallmadge Collision had a good reputation the last time I checked awhile back. They don't specialize in restorations like Fashback, but I've seen some of their work and it looked good to me.

I bet using good quality paints can easily cost 1000 in material cost alone. Labor is greatly dependant on what needs to be done, so the best thing to do is get an estimate.

I agree with the above posts that it is better to save your $$ than get a cheap paint job done.

Good luck.

Back