You can type here any text you want

Redline BMX 1982 Old School For Sale!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
wonder how much some of my stuff is worth. I can't find anything on the elf frames, and bars to which I have a perfect set of pads. Have Hutch hubs on the arai wheels, bullseye cranks etc on my race bike. The diamondback which I converted to freestyle after buying the ELF has mostly left over parts. It does have an old set of Freestyle CW bars with the dual crossbar. I think my diamondback was a "Formula", but can't remember now. That was close to 25 years ago. :eek:

Ok... So who all is going to B.G. that has been or still is a BMX'er?... Especially, vintage??

We need to bring our bikes and have a get-together there!! I probably won't be there until late Thursday night or the wee-wee hours of Friday AM.

K.

Profile is making some 40th anniversary retro box cranks this year. You can pre-order them at www.coloredtuffs.com. The are supposed to be exact replicas of the first generation Profile cranks. Knight bmx products makes some Profile replica spiders to fit on the newer style cranksets.

Ok... Here's a question?? My Profile Rocket frame in the avatar is a late '90's F&F set, I believe. Should I put the 40th anniversay edition retro-cranks on it, or some of the newer style?? Opinions??

K.

I'll probably be at BG watching my brother run is yellow TSM car. I'd like to bring one of my bikes, but it won't fit in the carry-on compartment. :mad:

I'll challenge anyone to a wheelie contest though. Its been a few years, but I could probably start at the starting line ride it all the way down the 1/4 turn around with the wheel in the air and ride it back... if the bike has brakes. My elf currently doesn't have brakes, so that makes it a little more difficult!

I don't get the bike out much, but if the GN is at the shop, I'll hop on the bike and ride it 6 miles to pick up the GN. I call it extreme urban cruising. With no reflectors or brakes, I ride sidewalks, ditches etc., its not really safe to ride on the roads down here. When it comes time for an emergency stop, its the good old "stick your shoe where the back brake goes" :biggrin:

I had a Cook Brothers frame and slanted cook brothers gooseneck, redline V bars, grab-on grips, sealed fork bearings, DG forks, blue competion II tires, araya blue rims and hubs, gold spokes, dura-ace crank, reedy petals, nickel chain, mx 1000 brakes, excaliber seat post clamp, fluted seat post, some lightweight blue seat with holes in the back ( forgot the name that starts with a K) :rolleyes:
Yeah, it started with bikes:biggrin:

New Pit Bike...

I might have to start the boys out on this... :biggrin:

K.

Attachments

• 08_LIL20RIPPER.jpg
    08_LIL20RIPPER.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 174
I'll have to find some pix of my old bikes Schwinn Predator, GT Mach One, Free Agent Limo. ;) Wow I didn't no there was a BMX section. lol Racing bike was my favorite thing in the world to do as a kid. Sponsored by the local bike shop on a team with all your ridding buds building new jumps every couple weeks out in the sticks. I wish I could do it all over again. :)

We will be having an Old School BMX get together at Derby City BMX in Louisville this summer. It will be held at the annual "Battle of the Villes" event on July 26th this summer. There will be a bike show, swap meet, BBQ and old school races. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend.

I think my Trick Star cost $499.00 way back in 1984, that was crazy money for a bike, hell still is. Thank god that thug stole my $80.00 Open Road allowing me to get it, lol.

Great, now you guys made me find another old bike I had and I may buy it to restore one. My dad paid like $599.00 for it after my Hutch was stolen, lol. As you guys can tell, I lived in a high crime area for a few years. :o

Diamondback Strike Zone: 1987 diamond back STRIKE ZONE - mike dominguez BMX BIKE - eBay (item 260226651317 end time Apr-09-08 20:48:02 PDT)

same color I had too.

Found out yesterday that the 35-40 year old class is the biggest and most competitive class at our local track. They put a 15 and 17 year old in with us and they got beat by the old guys. I have alot of work to do to get caught up.

Found out yesterday that the 35-40 year old class is the biggest and most competitive class at our local track. They put a 15 and 17 year old in with us and they got beat by the old guys. I have alot of work to do to get caught up.

"Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill, every time" :D

I renewed as novice, get to the track and find out that we have an ex B-pro and a couple of former experts in the class, and 2 of them are national number holders. I might drop down to rookie for this year.

I renewed as novice, get to the track and find out that we have an ex B-pro and a couple of former experts in the class, and 2 of them are national number holders. I might drop down to rookie for this year.

What bike are you going to ride? I need to find one that matches my 6'3" 210lb. size. Maybe then I'll check out our local track @ Hornet Nest Park.

K.

Oh My God! A PK Ripper Looptail!!! GOD< I haven't seen one of these in years!!! Popular back in Staten Island, New York!!

Awesome Awesome White Ripper! Love the Bear Claw Pedals!

I was gonna bring both of mine, but now it looks like I am staying home this year.

Back