You can type here any text you want

Redline BMX 1982 Old School For Sale!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wasp was a good one. I have the metallica "metal up your a$$" shirt, didn't wear that one to school. Saw metallica open up for Ozzy. Saw Ozzy 3-4 times, Crue 3-4 times, Judas Priest/krokus, Dokken/Aerosmith, Tesla, GnR, Monsters of Rock, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Ratt, Poison, Cinderella, Bad Company, whitesnake, Bon Jovi (many groupies!!), Def Leppard, etc. Those were good times.

:biggrin:

Attachments

• Keith-Jump.jpg
    Keith-Jump.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 300
I still have my old 1980 Red Line Pro-Line. I took it out on the local BMX track last summer for the first time in 20 years. What a hoot! My son wants to begin racing this year so he asked for a new BMX Hot Rod for his birthday. He's hooked up with a new Proline. :cool: Looks like he'll become a new NBL racer and I'll probably renew as well.

Here's my vintage racer:
5a52d2bd.jpg

Here's me & my brother at the newly opened Central Jersey BMX track in Howell, NJ in 1981:
4236bea5.jpg

Here's my son's new ride:
80d05466.jpg

Long live BMX racing! :smile:

Holy seat tube angle batman! That was almost a recliner, not a bike! I really need to scan and post some pics of my early BMX days, when it was crazy big like 150 motos at a local.

hell yes!

This post has been a breath of fresh air that has taken me back to the good old days. In the summer of 82 I got a burgundy/ candy apple red PK RIPPER with the chrome landing gear it had red Z wheels and a uni seat(ouch!). I raced in the NBL and the USBA when we moved to Mississippi in 83 thru 86. Those were some good times. My number was 545 and I chose that number because thats how much that thing cost!

Also, I'd love to find out about the new PK RIPPERS.

Dave Fiscus

Wow!!! This post really brings back some memories. I was saving up for a bike and my grandpa stepped up paid the other half in the MId 80's.

I got a Mongoose and modified it as much as I could. About a year later my brother got a REDLINE.

I loved going to the bike shop to get new parts for my bike. Every spare dime I had went into models in the winter and my bike in the summer. I would take it apart at the end of fall, and store it in my bedroom closet. Then just before spring repack all the bearings and put it back together.

Mongoose Expert frame
AME hande grips
Comp III tires
Dia-Comp brakes
GT Gooseneck
Zap Pads
Haro number pad on the GT bars
Tange TRX forks
3 piece crank
The rims with the hole in between each spoke (Mongoose trademark)
Vescount Aero seat

Now you can buy a Mongoose at Walmart for 1/4 of what was paid for mine.

All we did during the summer was ride our bikes. An older kid on the block had a half pipe in his back yard. We built a race track in the woods behind our neighbors house.

I wanted a new set of new Cragar wheels for my car and wound up selling this bike to get the rest of the money I needed for those Rims.

Wish I still had it.

Hopefully I can make it to the valley this year. The car should be able to go 5.30s. Is that even competitive down there? Its been a long while since I have raced there. By the way I LOVE the picture of that ripper! Not many people even back in the day knew what they were. I really have to build one.

Let me know the schedule at the valley.

Dave fiscus

every 3rd Saturday at the Valley this year, April 19th is the first race. I think they stepped up the payouts this year. I will be running one of the index classes. 5.30 should have you in the hunt.

I am bringing the PK to Bowling Green this year to serve as my golf cart. That thing rides like a dream. I'll bring it by.

www.ohiovalleydragway.com

Wow, some other bmxers here I see lol. Nice bikes I see here.

I actually had 5 projects running last summer, and had to sell them all but one. Was workin on a GT performer (got it all done except the tires) a skyway street beat, a hutch excel at about 20% completion, another excel at 99% completion, and my crown jewel, the 1985 haro master in candy apple green on rims. I kept that one :)

I was an 80's bike freak. (and 70's road bike freak too) I'm down to my one road bike and my haro. When my money gets right again, I'm going to undertake another skyway. Good to see I'm not the only one here.

The PK is brand new, it is a 30th anniversary retro looptail. I picked it up off Ebay. It was originally bare aluminum, but I had it powdercoated white. The 2008 looptail retro came in black and the 2009 is gonna be a different color.

Those are Crupi pedals, they still make them. I do have Hutch pedals on my GHP, with new replacement cages, but I am putting Crupi pedals on it for racing.

There are also 30th anniversary looptail SE quadangles. Look on ebay and you will find plenty of them. They still make the landing gear forks also.

I think I have about 1100 in the whole build. They are all new parts, including the NOS California Lite pads. The stem is a retro Pro-Neck for threadless forks from Knight products.

Go to VintageBMX.com message board and there are all kinds of goods.

Those are Crupi pedals, they still make them. I do have Hutch pedals on my GHP, with new replacement cages, but I am putting Crupi pedals on it for racing.

Go to VintageBMX.com message board and there are all kinds of goods.

Where have you found the best place to buy the pedals? I wanna get a set or two for the (2) Profiles I'm slowwwwly building for my boys. One is my avatar pic... :D

TIA,

K.

The crupi pedals can be bought straight from crupi's website. Crupi BMX Parts - The Best in BMX Racing Products

Hutch pedals can be found from time to time on Ebay, ranging from 400 to 750 bucks, depending on condition.

Profile is making some 40th anniversary retro box cranks this year. You can pre-order them at www.coloredtuffs.com. The are supposed to be exact replicas of the first generation Profile cranks. Knight bmx products makes some Profile replica spiders to fit on the newer style cranksets.

very nice PK Rip, Perry Kramer would be proud. You made that bike look amazing, and the high height seat reminds us, you are old skool, and dont sit on the seat clamp. :P
Man, why did I sell my Hutch pedals that I had just sittin....they are worth more than I ever dreamed they would be.

very nice PK Rip, Perry Kramer would be proud. You made that bike look amazing, and the high height seat reminds us, you are old skool, and dont sit on the seat clamp. :P
Man, why did I sell my Hutch pedals that I had just sittin....they are worth more than I ever dreamed they would be.

On the Vintage BMX message board, there is an ongoing thread in the old school section where everyone is keeping track of Ebay price records, and it is a real jaw dropper.
A set of Hutch Aerospeed cranks went for 3500 recently. Haro number plates fetch over a hundred bucks. JMC Andy Patterson or Darrell Young frames are bringing crazy money.

And I catch a lot of sh*t at the track about the seat height.

Back