You can type here any text you want

Redline BMX 1982 Old School For Sale!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Wow, can't believe all the BMX Fever here! This is way kool. Brer- I used to own a Schwinn Stingray (Grey Ghost), with the Fat Rear Slick and 5 Speed Shifter! They just reintroduced it again, but without the 5 Speed, and Slick.

Race Inc. was my favorite bike back then, along with the PK Ripper. I owned a Black and Gold PK Ripper Looptail, which was eventually stolen and all my afterschool money with my parents went down the drain. That bike was 575.00 back in the day, and that was crazy money for a teen.

Believe it or not, they're reintroducing the Black and Gold Retro PK Ripper for '08'. Unbelievable.

I love BMX Bikes, especially all these Ole School ones in here you guys are mentioning. Back in the 80's during the whole ET the Extra - Terrestrial era,(Kuwahara) I think we all had that fever back then.

Sting rays were awesome..

Theres a guy that I still see once in a while who is about 5 or 6 years older than me(Im 34), anyway he had a stingray with a huge sissy bar and he would ride the entire block on a wheelie! man I thiought he was the coolest guy in the world back then. His name is X which added to mystique I guess.

Schwinn Stings were brazed, not welded.

I just bought a retro PK Ripper 30th anniversary looptail edition. Gonna put my Hutch pedals, TNT hubs and Flight cranks on it, and hopefully I'll find some camo SE racing pads.

Just sold a Patterson Racing this spring.

the pic is me in 88' on a new Robinson

88bmx-1.jpg

I keep my eye out on Hutch Trick Star's still. I want to build a pink one for my daughter, she can have a bike just like daddy had as a kid, LOL.

Wow that brings back memories. I had a Hutch Pro Star. My father bought me one for my 16th birthday back in 1986. It had the Hutch pedals, (Those felt good on shins...lol) the good hubs, crank, etc. That thing was like $450 back then. It was quite a gift and my friends were very jealous...lol.

We had a half pipe but my buddy broke his leg and two places attempting a can-can. That was the end of freestyle days for us. Even know the Pro star was racing bike I still hit the half pipe with it. :biggrin:

I also had a ZERONINE that was very kool as well. I raced that one.

I wish I still had them both. Have no idea where they are now?

a hutch pro star with hutch cranks is worth 3 or 4 grand now. the pedals go for 500 easy. I've got a set on my S&M. I've also got a set of white hutch hubs in the basement.

DSC00757.jpg

That's an awesome pic...! Bringin Back the 80's Dude! Niceeee!
(also, love what you said about the PK Ripper below...)

Pattersons were great Frames and Light! Light! I remember when they'd come out, and I used to hang out at the local bike shops and weigh the frames. How much did you get for the Patterson frame? Was it in good condition? Have a pic of the Patterson? I remember the Robinsons too. Not to be confused with the Pattersons, though.

Man, the fever is back!!! Maybe, I won't sell my Redline. I'm serious now.

Schwinn Stings were brazed, not welded.

I just bought a retro PK Ripper 30th anniversary looptail edition. Gonna put my Hutch pedals, TNT hubs and Flight cranks on it, and hopefully I'll find some camo SE racing pads.

Just sold a Patterson Racing this spring.

the pic is me in 88' on a new Robinson

88bmx-1.jpg

sweet bike.

I had a Haro Sport. Lime green. Sweet bike as well. Actually liked it better than the Haro Master.

I had a Patterson PR 20 frame and fork with white patterson pads, 82 profile cranks, the hutch pedals in the pics, and white arayas with white hutch hubs.
I sold the frame and fork for 300, the pads for 150!!, the cranks for 400 and I kept the wheels and pedals. Jesse James sent me a mail wanting to know if I had a Patterson helmet or jersey, he collects the patterson stuff too. I had a Richie Anderson Avalanche Patterson when I was 14 and it was probably the best frame I ever raced, traded it for a white Redline Proline, big mistake. Got Brent and Brian to autograph my pads at the 82 war of the stars in Louisville. Wish I still had those.

I had no idea this stuff was becoming valuable. I have a nice GT Pro series from about 1988.

I raced a Redline first back in the 80's... But then graduated to a Profile that I built from the frame/fork myself. I was sponsored by Action Wheels bike shop in Freemansburg, PA at the time.

I recently bought another old school Profile and a Hutch Trickstar to build for my (2) sons but sold them both when I started pricing the associated old school parts!! :eek:

The I found a new school Profile on Ebay and bought it. Now I need to find another for my youngest. I'll post a pic this weekend!!

Ahhh... And yes @ 34 yrs old, 6'2" and 205lbs. I still get on the Profile from time-to-time. :D

K.

I had a Haro Sport. Lime green. Sweet bike as well. Actually liked it better than the Haro Master.

Yea the Haro Master was just too dam heavy! My skyway was the best ramp (Half pipe) bike I ever owned.

I had no idea this stuff was becoming valuable. I have a nice GT Pro series from about 1988.

That was my favorite bike i ever owned. I had pro performer world tour. all white with some blue parts.I traded it for a corvette motor for my camaro back in the day:frown: .If i had all the noney i spent on bmx bikes and remote control cars i would have no house payment and an 8 sec gn:eek: post some pics of that bike

I had well over a grand in my ELF back in the early 80s. I spent all the money I made ($2.50/hr) on that bike. At 36yo, I can still "rock walk", hop up 360s, tail whip, and ride wheelies for miles. I only break the bike out every 3-4 months, and ride until I hurt myself and then put it back away. ;) I still have holes in my shins 20 years later!

a hutch pro star with hutch cranks is worth 3 or 4 grand now. the pedals go for 500 easy. I've got a set on my S&M. I've also got a set of white hutch hubs in the basement.

I have one minus the cranks/pedals I lake jumped and is rusting to pieces, That sucks! (btw, I paid almost $800 new in mid 90s)

Other bikes I had
Schwinn Mag Scrambler
Schwinn predator
Skyway T/A
Diamond Back Formula One
Redline RL20
Auburn CR-24r (regret selling, but broke my back on it)
GT Pro Series 20"
Phase II (Anyone ever had one, much less heard of one?)
Gary Fisher 24" (still ride this one)
And many more I am sure I am forgetting.

other warm memories from BMX,
Uni seats
powerlite bars
Campagnolo hubs (anyone a baller?!)
Zap Pads
Oakley B1B grips, even Oakley 3s...real old (1982 release)
CW bars (tall and square)
maxi-cross 3 pc cranks (light but crappy, everyone had a set I think)
Skyway graphite tuffs
dk stems

Man I love BMX, especially old skool. And then there are the specialty BMX racing companies the racers knew that no one else did like Titan, phase II, Cyclecraft, ELF, and so on.
I gotta stop now, I could go on all day.

Iv'e got an orriginal (Haro group 2) light blue with chrome, white seat, white grips and a white break line.

Iv'e also got a all black PK ripper.

I used to race BMX back in the 80's. then my bike was a red line pro-line and I won my very first race. it's nice to see so much attention on the old bmx bikes.

Back