You can type here any text you want

redoing front suspension.....confused and questions......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCC1701

I have read thru the all the post in the search on this and was wondering if you get the poly suspension components that are greasable, does that pretty much eliminate the squeaking??? Also there seems to be a concern with poly bushings binding in certain applications I.E. rear lower control arm bushings , front control arm bushings, etc. does the greasable bushings fix this potential problem.
I am gonna be running bilstein shocks, stock springs, tubular upper a-arm from GBODY, por-15 stock lower a-arm, and looking to set up the front suspension for a daily driving with occasional stop light to stop light runs. Track once or twice a season only. I know the polys will transmit more vibration, but I am not to worried about that.
Any info on the poly grapite from pst???
Tell me what you suggest.
Not planning to upgrade to b-body spindles or anything like that, just want to get the suspension redone while the engine is being rebuilt:)
TIA
Lorenzo:cool:

I Did My Front Suspension With A Pst Poly Bushings Kit And Bilstien Shocks. Been Driving For About 6mos Now Without Squeaks And It Has Excellent Handling.

Poly-graphite front end kit here. Very pleased with everything. Absolutely no squeaks.

I used global west uppers because of f-body spindles. but i bought the del-a-lum lower bushings. pretty wild set up they have. check it out. :biggrin:

I have the full front end PST kit with the poly bushings. It was quiet for the first few thousand miles. Now I have to spray it down with oil once in a while to keep them quiet. I only notice the squeaking when I am going over speed bumps or getting in and out of the car. It is just annoying having to oil them. I don't have greasable bushings. I would think if they were greasable, they would be easy to keep quiet for a longer period of time. I think I have to oil mine ever couple of months, but I am just doing this on the outside of the bushings.

Other than that, I like the poly bushings.

If I had to do it over again....the jury is still out on that one.

Back