Red's Double xp twin's: Best intank pump?

Westside500

Banned
I quess the xp double pumper is the only option as far as intanks goes.. really don't want to run external's... have those in the Mustang... What arethe general thoughts of the dp's? Thanks...:D

Mine work great and I've never had a problem. When I spoke to Red 2 days ago he said he had sold 2000 double pumper set ups over the years. Can't be that bad of a concept.

Neal

I have a Red Arnstrong dp'r in my blue car. It moves a lot of fuel. His XP pumps alone move a lot of fuel. You will have to make sure your on point is correct for the second pump or the volume will be so great that it will overpower the regulator and fuel lines causing a really rich spot ill you get up to full boost. There is no need for this pump in anything under 500rwhp imo.

I have been running this set-up in my GN for about 8 years, no problems at all and they pump pleanty of fuel. Red is a smart ol' Geezer.
Mike
86 GN

I was told thats reds second pump comes on at 10 lbs of boost,,is the hobb switch adjustable,so it can come on later.....

On back of the the valve that you have there where your vacumn connects there is a rubber plug take that out and adjust the set screw with a allen head. Clockwise to increase an opposite to decrease. I forget what that valve is called but it came with your kit!!

I was told thats reds second pump comes on at 10 lbs of boost,,is the hobb switch adjustable,so it can come on later.....

Hey Snowman...I will have to check Phil`s car if the Switch is adjustable.
I don`t remember. But you can ask Rick. He sold hundeds of them...:eek:

JB are you trying to be polite...when you e mail me you call me ..SNOREMAN....GRUMPYBOB.....POPS...... ELCHEAPO;).....GRUMPY i dont mind ,he is my hero

Guy's,

I know the hobbs switch that Red used on the early double pumpers wasn't adjustable and was set at 10 psi. On my system I changed out the hobbs switch for an adjustable one I got from NOS. I set my 2nd pump to come on at 17 psi.

Neal

Guy's,

I know the hobbs switch that Red used on the early double pumpers wasn't adjustable and was set at 10 psi. On my system I changed out the hobbs switch for an adjustable one I got from NOS. I set my 2nd pump to come on at 17 psi.

Neal

excelent lil secret just shared, the board should be thankfull. Thanks neal! Hope to see you soon again, either @ dyno day or a track.

Mark,

I don't think I'll be at the dyno day tomorrow. I've got a few car projects on my plate that I have been dragging my feet on. I catch up with you at the dragstrip sometime soon. Have fun.

Neal

I rmember now, he uses the Hobb as the Volt Boosters. None Adjustable and pre-set at #10...

Got your asnwer GRUMPY BOB....:biggrin:

Guy's,

Neal

Neal, you don't happen to have a part number for that hobbs switch do ya?
TIA

I find it hard to believe that after all these years red would not supply a adjustable hobb switch...to fine tune when the second pump would come on..Well i should know any day as i ordered one:D