You can type here any text you want

Removing oil pan w/out lifting motor?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Hey, can you remove the oil pan w/out lifting the motor? I've got a pan gasket that leaks like a siv. I'm not sure whether I can snake that pan out from under the car. It looks like it may not come out without lifting the motor up. What have you guys done?

Just need to drop the crossover pipe (or drop one side and loosen the other enough to rotate it one way). You can then take it down and towards the rear to get it out completely.

removing oil pan

I have done this many times. You need to bump the starter alittle so that the crankshaft counter weights are on top. This will allow you to slide the pan back. There is just enough room. The cross-over pipe and flywheel inspection plate also need to come off.

How difficult this is depends in large measure on the condition of your engine mounts. If they are old, your engine will sit lower. I have new mounts and removing the pan is a cinch. In order to clear the pickup tube with the baffle, remember to slide the pan and the way toward the back of the car and then down.

Back