You can type here any text you want

Removing Opti-Spark from LT1 Application with FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KTamez

Could this be done simply by adding a crank Trigger and/or Distributor? May seem like a simpleton's question, but I'm a simple man, and an Electrical Moron. :)

I already have FAST along with a Fast Track Harness both yet to be installed.

Thanx!

The Impala I have on my websight has this setup. I installed a MSD crank trigger and used the opti-spark as a distributor. You will need to have the box set up for crank trigger. Also, make sure the balancer is keyed to the crankshaft so your timing can't change.

Thats pretty normal it seems.........

But I'd like to be rid of the Opti-Spark completely. A Distributor can be made to fit behind the LT1/LT4 Intake with just some minor machining. That being done, I don't see why the Opti couldn't be completely removed from the equation. As you said the Opti is basically acting as the distributor, but I'm "scared" so to speak of the downfalls it still has, and would hate to see any problems on a car of this magnitude.

I don't expect to get Sequential operation out of this, as I still wouldn't have a Cam Position sensor.....

Back