You can type here any text you want

REMOVING VACUUM BRAKE BOOSTER FOR PAINT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hawkfan

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
My T came with vacuum conversion on it which is great, but the booster has a lot of surface rust on it. I want to know how hard it is to get it out of the car so I can wire brush/sand it and paint it satin black. It looks straight forward but I thought I'd ask before I get in over my head. Here's my plan:

1. unbolt master cylinder
2. remove clevis pin from pedal
3. unbolt booster from firewall

Since the booster is supposed to be isolated from the master cylinder, I shouldn't have bleed or drain anything right?

That's pretty much how it's done.;)
Thanks. It looks like the toughest part(s) will be getting the pin out of the pedal and the top bolts inside the firewall. There's not much room in there. But at least I won't have to bench bleed the master cylinder.

Thanks. It looks like the toughest part(s) will be getting the pin out of the pedal and the top bolts inside the firewall. There's not much room in there. But at least I won't have to bench bleed the master cylinder.
Unbolt or loosen the booster before you try to take the pin out. It will give you a little more wiggle room.;)

Back