Repeat procedure.

And the trans is done! Just has to make it's way back to me & re-install. Lonnie is a great guy Thanks!

Once again I want to thank Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics for everything he did, You are the man!
New update is: Got the trans back in the car yesterday, This evening I filled it up and adjusted the fluid level. It's raining but I took the car out for a quick jaunt anyways and it's great still smells new lol. I'm happy and glad it's back up and mobile again(hate having a dead car around the house)I still left it legal so it looks like I'll be able to make to too the track in 2011 after all.
I'll keep the interested parties updated haha!

Once again I want to thank Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics for everything he did, You are the man!
New update is: Got the trans back in the car yesterday, This evening I filled it up and adjusted the fluid level. It's raining but I took the car out for a quick jaunt anyways and it's great still smells new lol. I'm happy and glad it's back up and mobile again(hate having a dead car around the house)I still left it legal so it looks like I'll be able to make to too the track in 2011 after all.
I'll keep the interested parties updated haha!

Just in the nick of time Adam. Now if you take tomorrow off and drive to oklanowhere you can make it in time for the races this weekend.:biggrin: I dare ya bud.:p

The only place I made it too was back in the shop for more changes lol. here is my little update that is still in progress:
So on the quest for less leaks and serviceability I'm replacing the entire trans cooler system. I'll do it with 1/4nspm to -6AN adapters, then using stainless jacketed Teflon -6AN hose (no rubber junk), and I have four 90* -6AN Teflon re-useable fittings.

Attachments

• transdapt.jpg
    transdapt.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 65
  • transfitt.jpg
    transfitt.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 73
  • transline.jpg
    transline.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 69
Although I am currently running a decent stacked plate trans cooler, it only has hose barb nipple connections so it's being replaced with a Derale atomicool stacked plate trans cooler with 1/2" npt inlets and 1/2"to -6AN adapters. New PTC 10" NONlocking converter 2800-3000 stall. I had the trans sent back to Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics to be converted to NONlockup and add a manual transbrake! as well as go over the trans one more time. So with that going on I'm also replacing the rear diff with a G80 8.5" rear axle(Thanks Bilt2run).

Attachments

• transcool.jpg
    transcool.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 69
  • ptcvert.jpg
    ptcvert.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 71
  • 8.5ax.jpg
    8.5ax.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 72
All done except for swapping the rear axle. Love to have the car back on the road. The new PTC10" NL converter is nice and the stall speeds are right with my current tune 2800=0psi and 3000=5psi on the trans brake I took it on up too 3200 and it was 8.5psi and climbing so I lifted. I'm ready to turn the boost up over 20psi now so an Alkycontrol kit, Hyfire6 control and a 30psi boost/vac gauge is in my future.

Did you get to use that little item I sent to you Adam? I'm waiting on pics and a vid to get a better idea of how it's doing now.:D

Charlie, I went through the Unilite and put a new rotor & cap on it and I was going to try it out last year but didn't because I don't like the stock timing curve for boost, so I bought a complete re-curve kit from Mallory and that is where I stopped. I'll get a video and or some pics up soon, drag radials are going to be mandatory for me now.

now this is look good..... you have come a long way Adam, your cars beggining to look violent...... I love it:p

I have a feeling yer gonna chew me up on the track!

Thanks for the kind words Sir! You will still kill me on a track unless this car goes on an ultra diet. Charlie I'm attending the Flashlight drags this weekend and my brother is letting me use his GoPro HD camera so I'll have the best video's of the car to date, also the air strip now has 100ft concrete starting pad to aid in traction because no-one could hook there. Ok so a few upgrades that made their way onto the Buick: All aluminum radiator and some home made rad hold down clamps also out of aluminum. And finally the G80 axle is swapped in! (axle refinishing credit goes to Bilt2run) all I did was bolt it in and check the fluid and brakes.
rad.jpg
install.jpg

Glad to hear it Adam. You really need to make a run to a timed track though t see what she can do. Give Aj a call and chat with him a little. I spent over 2 hours talking with him and he's got some updated personal info as well as track info you need to hear.;)

Lol the ony thing new i have to toss out is that i need to stop abusing stock bottom ends! Or i need to borrow a sheet from your tuning abilitys.... Cause i might get lucky once but thats it! Lol but really, your making some power to move that body that fast, and with a carb.... Im really impressed!

Lol the ony thing new i have to toss out is that i need to stop abusing stock bottom ends! Or i need to borrow a sheet from your tuning abilitys.... Cause i might get lucky once but thats it! Lol but really, your making some power to move that body that fast, and with a carb.... Im really impressed!
Did you get the links I sent you Aj? It should open some possibiities (sp) with a few things after all.;) Jrr should also help you with some tuning but I think we can keep you from blowing the bottom out of the engines hopefully.:D

I'll have to shout at A.J. on the phone then when I can time it right he's 3 hours behind me. Charlie I agree and all I want to do is go to the real track for the ET's only no such track exists in WV just 1/8th mile, Have to leave the state and go on a little journey to get to a 1/4 mile track and I do intend on making that trip a few times this summer. I drove the Buick to a cruise-in tonight and finally went all out of testing the spool-up on the t-brake..... WOW 20psi near 4,000rpms and it got there quick.

charlie, did you ever get any flow numbers of the stock intake vs. ported? I figure by now one of you guys would have done that since the numbers for the hot air and ic cars were posted.