Repeat procedure.

Throw another shortblock in with a cleaned up blue printed timing cover and call it love. What was eighth mph on the first two passes?

BPE2013@hotmail.com
93mph both times.
That's the plan. Got a little bit more cash in my pocket and can finish the forged piston, roller cam, 109 block I have.
Here are slips in succession:

Thanks Charlie, it was pretty late and officials would have said something if I had made another pass and went quicker/faster. But instead we pushed the car off the track lol.

Thanks Charlie, it was pretty late and officials would have said something if I had made another pass and went quicker/faster. But instead we pushed the car off the track lol.
Either there was something wrong with the 1260'-1320 timer on the first two passes or you let out before the end. Your 1000' mph is almost identical to the quarter mph. That turbo is a lot better than I originally thought. At 70-72lbs/min it had 1.37:1 ex pressure to intake pressure. If I took the hot boost pressure at the compressor outlet it would be an even better ratio. Id bet your backpressure is only a couple higher than your manifold pressure. I doubt your converter couple is as good as it could be at that level too. With hook you're looking at 10's

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Brian.
I may have lifted on the first two passes, I thought the rpm was too high. I looked at my brothers slips (same lane) his are ok so It must have been me as I have not been on a track in 11 months. I can get another short block done and play yet but the trans needs freshend up later then I'll be torque converter shopping. Using what I have in meantime.

If you can come up with $2K that's a full billet tranny for sale on the board now Adam. It's in Long Island I believe and it's new so that may help some.

Here is a link to the video that goes with the 11.93 run from the slips above.
Watch "GTR vs Turbo Buick." on YouTube
GTR vs Turbo Buick.:

Update: I have only removed #1 spark plug to see it mangled. Good bet that piston is done.
This machine will be back soon bigger, stronger, faster.

Still working on this machine, had to finish my others first.
Upon tear down this is the only bad I saw at first, melted aluminum in #1 exhaust port

Then moving on with disassembly I found out what really happend and the count was only three problems.
# 1 piston not cracked but the upper section of piston crown is gone, which led to piston ring damage that stopped it from running.

Busted piston, hammered spark plug and bent #6 intake pushrod were the only problems I found. RJC head gaskets help up beautiful, the rest of the block/camshaft all look good and actually nice for over 210k miles on this 140 casting block. I'll be updating the other thread "slow blowthru engine build" as I'm nearly finished building a 109 block for it this time.

I've heard of Comp roller lifters being clicky and loud, these 885's are quiet, the whole engine is pretty quiet. I've got a few miles on the new engine and re-plumbed the air filter and inlet to turbo. At the moment this machine developed a loss of signal to the ignition box during cranking which I think is engine/battery/chassis ground related. I moved it a lot working on signal loss issue but will check and confirm the ignition timing and get some more miles on it.

I added an giant redundant ground cable from chassis to engine, I found the crispy fried ground wire connections that were causing ignition signal loss and fixed that. Engine starts really nice now with authority and strong ignition signal.
While still breaking in new engine and testing with AC spark plugs, one of them #3 cylinder blew the porcelain right out of the base. So never again using AC plugs, they have went to shit being made outside of USA. Installed the normal plugs I run NGK racing 5673-8 one step colder than last set of NGK plugs I ran. They are nice and really cleaned up the idle quality and low end.
This weekend I'll take this machine and race it at the local Flashlight Drags and see how it is performing against some competition now.
Right now it is very strong though, no use for 275/60 series tires in 2nd gear. If this machine had a better efficient torque converter than the 10" PTC (which isn't bad) it feels like it would be pretty fast.

PTC 10" non lock, S stall. That converter is great I have no issues with it. It does have probably too much slip up top however, as I'm still running a small camshaft with shifting and power under 6K rpms.

Carnage from Flashlight drags. Happened at the end of my first pass, was a free junkyard Behr intercooler with plastic tanks, sourced from a VW Passat. So no loss there...