Repeat procedure.

^-- you should do it too yours, this setup is refined enough to replicate. Thanks for the machine love guys, I'd like to visit Texas charlie, cashflow permitting.
This is it right now straight pipe cutout closed:

Ive thought about it but i dont see how i can run ac and not change over to the 86-7 accessory setup.

Sent via a potato with the sour cream and shredded cheese app

And all the way built:

Very cool to see this. I' like to find a carb hat like that to see if it fits under my hood. What bracket are you using for the alternator. I didn't think it could be mounted over there with the HEI distributor.

Thanks for visiting and the interest Rich. That Spectre carb hat should fit under the hood on a drawthrough, even if it was close it would make quick work to mill the base a little. EV hats are shorter but over priced for an aluminum bend.
The Alternator is on top an original but modified '84 NA v6 power steering bracket, I cut off the AIR reactor pump mount so it was flat and made the pivot from scratch and welded to the PS bracket.

What a difference a few choice part upgrades make. So still dialing this new setup in: 204/214 flat tappet cam, ported Iron stage jr heads and Bison's billet 6265 turbo. Not even turned up yet 18psi alky off and I'm either blowing through the 10"nl converter or slipping 2nd gear or both but when it's not doing those things it's lighting up my 275/60-15 tires like the 60-1/76p turbo wish it could. I want to turn it up bad to 25-28psi

Wow no update since May.
I got this, took the Buick to June FLD's on last years tune with 18psi boost. That was plenty for the competition, had a boost leak at the end so lost one race against 5th gen Camaro. Went to July FLD's and Buick was tuned this time but only bumped it up to 20psi. Got one good clean pass in looking for traction the whole 1/8th mi. Then the engine was broke directly after that.... bent #1 ex pushrod, shoved the ex rocker arm off the rocker shaft and #1 lifter jumped out of it's bore. Took care of all that, swapped whole rocker shaft assembly for another. After 4 years my non projected tip short strap NGK spark plugs were done, so had to go back with some basic AC/Delco's for now. No one has any plug wires in stock locally so running old beat set still.
Engine is running great right now on 25psi and have not pushed it harder yet but it's going to happen soon. But I'm going to have to have the EA 2004r freshened up after this season.
Never made it to track yet but it is in the plans.

Attachments

• DSC_0356e.jpg
    DSC_0356e.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 185
Sounds like it'll be ready in the spring for the Texas Buick Nationals Adam. Perfect time to start planning so you can be here this next year.:D

^-- I know your away Charlie. I'm not that well off yet.
Ok so this engine combo is running great! Running alky I have not pushed it over 25psi yet, reason: The car has been decently quick before but now it's much faster. A little hairy with my cars stock suspension and high speed wobble associated with that. I have not been to a track with it yet, the weather and money have not met at the right time because I have to travel out of state to drive it down a track. Only raced a handful of time at the local Flashlight Drags and made multiple hits on the street. Old combo before on 30psi boost was just barely enough to keep traction on street with 275/60-15 street tires not DR's. Now as soon as turbo comes on those same tires get smoked with 25psi boost. What was the best MPH anyone has hit with a 10" n/l PTC s stall?

Went to track test and tune last Thursday. First run was the setup right off the street: 25psi boost, 93/alky fuel alky on 6, 18* timing with 28" tall slicks added. 3500rpm launch off manual brake.
Car went 11.98@107 with 2.0 60ft

Added 5 psi boost and maxxed alky knob everything else stayed same. Car went 11.93@107
3rd pass everything stayed the same but I raised launch rpm to 3800
Car went 11.5@121

I did a burnout for my 4th pass and at the end prior to staging the engine died and will not restart because it it seized. It is still at the track and I'll go pick it this Thursday if all goes well.

Perhaps, I'm not sure. The AFR's were normal for the runs but I do know my transmission is getting tired. It was staying in 2nd too long I believe and has part throttle issues but seems to clear up once wide open.

Well we don't know what seized yet. Could've been a piston could be bearings. If it ran for any amount of time under load with the lifter popped out I would expect a lot of damage to the bottom end

BPE2013@hotmail.com

It's been beat Bison lol. Over 200k miles on the bottom end. We will see what happened when I get it back and can pull the engine.

It's been beat Bison lol. Over 200k miles on the bottom end. We will see what happened when I get it back and can pull the engine.
Throw another shortblock in with a cleaned up blue printed timing cover and call it love. What was eighth mph on the first two passes?

BPE2013@hotmail.com

11:5 is respectable Adam. I'm surprised you didn't get kicked out or a warning about having a roll bar. Looks like you're going to need one soon.;)